S7 Randomly Restarts

iLPJ

Apr 22, 2016
Visit site
I posted about this issue not long ago. Basically my S7 will randomly restart for no obvious reason and I can't quite pin point exactly what that reason is.

Sometimes it will restart when unlocking the phone using the fingerprint scanner it'll just crash and instantly restart. Last night however, it restarted on me whilst I was on snapchat.

I don't mind doing a factory reset. But it just means all of my stuff will go and whether or not a factory reset will solve the problem is another question.

I'm tempted to go back to carphone warehouse and ask for a new handset. I should add I've had this device since the day the phone came out.

Posted via the Android Central App

sydneycooper1979

Moderator Sergeant at Arms
Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
Well, I think if you take it to carphone warehouse, they will factory reset it to see if it fixes the problem. My vote would be to go ahead and factory reset and see. I know it's a hassle, but I think they would have you do it anyway. Good luck!

iLPJ

Apr 22, 2016
Visit site
Okay so.. I have gone ahead and factory reset it and i've installed all the applications I had on before.
I just hate doing it because it means I have to change the password on everything because I can't remember it anymore.

I guess I won't know whether it's worked or not for about a good month or so as the restarts aren't regular, which isn't a big deal. But if you're paying for a £700 phone it shouldn't be restarting randomly!

mccann1987

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site
Same issue here. I have s7 normal made in UK. it has only happened a few times and there has been a large time space in between the restarts. It's not really I huge issue but I get what you mean its a very expensive top end device and shoikdnt really be happening. In saying that technology does crash/get hang ups and has to restart/reset at times........

I have just received a software update but haven't installed it as of yet. Maybe thus will solve the issue... who knows.

Posted via the Android Central App