Why wont my galaxy s7 install apk

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

AC Question

I click download on apk app. It says it's downloading. I go downloads in my file manager and it shows it there. When I click on it lights up briefly button does nothing. It won't go to download screen or open. It's like it's there in text only. I click on other downloads around it and they open fine. I've tried rebooting, shutting down app/widget overlays, tried a different browser, used an apk installer, enabledo download from unknown sources, and a few others but nothing works. I'm puzzled

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Where did you get it from? Be aware that downloading and trying to install apks from various websites puts you at risk for malware, because there's no way for you to know how safe it is (and these sites probably aren't vetting each file for malware). In addition, many apks are pirated, which is not cool.

y2jman

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Is it compatible with Android Marshmallow?

yep some of them apks that i had like facebook weatherbug wallpapaer wizardi wasn't compatible however its strange that i could had install an old astro file manager and i could install an old twitter on that astro file manager the newest version couldn't install nothing

fylbrig

May 1, 2016
Visit site
It's new s7 with marshmallow. I had the app on the phone. It was working but kept showing CAPTCHA screen, so I Uninstaller it with intention of putting back on. When I went to app website they said they were resolving an issue with CAPTCHA so I should have just waited it out but didnt

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I would be concerned about the apk being corrupt or possibly even malicious. You didn't mention where you got these apk files from--as I mentioned before, apks from various websites are typically not vetted for malware.

fylbrig

May 1, 2016
Visit site
It's an called aptoide with other apps inside of it. I've had it on several phone the past 3 years and never any issues. I even had it on my current phone with a CAPTCHA pop-up that wouldn't go away. I Uninstalled it with intentions of reinstalling. When I went to website they said they were working on CAPTCHA issue. Now it won't download. It says it's downloaded in file manager but does nothing when clicked except light up for a second or two. I'm just looking for some reasons why or how to get it to download. I understand the risks of APKs

fylbrig

May 1, 2016
Visit site
I don't need to know the morality or legality or risks of downloading apk. I understand all that. I'm just looking for expertise from someone who might know why this is happening and if they know how to fix it. Please don't reply with lectures or sermons on the do's and
don'ts of apks

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm not lecturing you about anything. This is a public forum, and there are a lot of users who don't understand the risks of apk's. In addition, we have strong policies at AC against discussing issues that may be related to piracy. I'm simply following my responsibility as an Ambassador. Thank you for understanding.

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
To see why a file will not install, you'll need to install through the shell so you can read the output message.

Copy apk file to computer.
Use android sdk to install:

Code:
adb install <path/to/file>.apk

error messages will be written to the console.

For a file not downloading, check to be sure that a file with the same name doesn't exist in the downloads directory. Any further debugging will need to be done while connected to a computer using a debugger that can intercept the network commands to and from the app doing the downloading.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz