Galaxy S7 audio cuts out, how can I stop this?

MightyMac1964

Oct 30, 2016
Visit site
I went to ATT Tech Supp office in Houston. They uninstalled all Apps that didn't come with the phone. All my sound was restored.

They suggested installing one App at a time, check sound, and then go to the next App for install. Also make sure that the App is the most recent updated version. What I did first, though, was purchase SoundAbout from Samsung Play Store; I saw this App recommended by several others with the sound cutting out issue on their S7 Active and Edge phones.

So far, I have re-installed most of the Apps without the sound cutting out problem return. But I'm not done. Tech guy said one App is bound to have either a virus or an embedded issue that creates the loss of sound problem. He did a full hardware check, including a sound test, and everything worked perfectly.

I can say that with the re-install of Apps, all the Social Media ones I use did not impact sound (FB, LinkedIn, Instagram are the ones I use). Just passing alone what I learned today. Good luck.

1237weakley

Nov 4, 2016
Visit site
Re: Galaxy S7 audio cuts out

Hey guys,

I've had my Galaxy S7 for almost two months out and the last few weeks the sound keeps cutting out. This doesn't happen whenever I get called or get a text, but only when I try to watch a video either on YouTube or Facebook or one that's on my phone. The sound will play for only 2 seconds when it stops. It also happens when I try to set a ringtone.

Does anyone know what's going on? Is this common? I really don't want to send it in for repairs.

Fixed. Go to Bluetooth and unpaired any saved devices. Fixes instantly

LimitedOG

Nov 21, 2016
Visit site
I have a 2 month old G7 Active with this same issue. I've tried the fixes mentioned here to no avail. Hit and miss at best, still a chronic thing.

I think it's a conflict of some kind with Google Play Music. What I have figured out is that if I go to GPM to test things and play a tune from my MP3 library, everything works fine, and usually I can go back to FB or YouTube and then I can run the audio I was trying to play to begin with.

It still crops up as a chronic issue though. But this is an effective work around...each time I want to play app audio...

I just disabled Google Play Music, and it instantly resolved the issue. Don't need to download anything or mess with developer options. Thank you for the lead with the Play Music!

Never mind... problem is still there. The sound just cuts out randomly now. Maybe worse than ever. What a joke Samsung and Android are these days. Super lame!

Last edited:

bdmoney

Dec 3, 2016
Visit site
I had the exact same problem. I noticed I would get notifications however if I tried to use google maps or youtube there was no audio. It was happening to me the other day in my car but when I went back up to my condo the sound was working. I am pretty sure it has to do with bluetooth because I have my phone paired with my car. Try disabling bluetooth if you have your phone paired with something.

Ab8467i3

Dec 11, 2016
Visit site
Hi Android Central,
I've tried the solutions suggested in this page and nothing works. I have a Samsung galaxy s7 edge and only got it less than 2 months ago. What's the official fix for this issue? Is this a hardware or software issue?

TheGageinator

Dec 14, 2016
Visit site
Tried everything here. Nothing working. If I switch back and forth through apps, it will work for a few seconds, then fades our. This is EXTREMELY frustrating. A $1,000 phone should not do this

Huan Xu

Dec 21, 2016
Visit site
What I did is as following, most of them can provide "fix" for just 2~3 videos, then the issue became the same.

1. Settings > advanced features > turn easy mute OFF, NOT work!
2. Factory reset, tried twice, NOT work!
3. Wipe cach partition, NOT work!
4. Turned Google "OK now" off, NOT work!
5. Install 3rd party "soundabout", NOT work!
6. Enable Prevent USB audio routing, NOT work!
7. Set date/time to wrong time, close all apps, set date/time to auto again, NOT work!
8. Safe Mode: makes it work for a couple of youtube videos and local video files, then NOT WORK!
9. Unpairing/Removing Saved Bluetooth Devices: don't have any paired just after factory reset. NOT work!
10.Take Phone Off Vibrate. NOT work!
11.Disable/Stop Google Play Music. NOT work!
12.Disable "OK google". NOT work!

SS community thread:
https://us.community.samsung.com/t5...icpage/board-id/GalaxyS/page/1/thread-id/7908
https://us.community.samsung.com/t5...out-even-after-factory-reset/m-p/51186#M12702

KrisPed

Dec 18, 2016
Visit site
Yeah, nothing works for more than maybe a day at the most. Tried everything, factory reset, safe mode, the whole 9 yards. Ive had the Phone for less than a months, so it giving up and contacting my retailer and get a replacement.

kennethpm777

May 15, 2012
Visit site
This app requires a pro licence to work. Keeps prompting us to purchase the app.
How does this app help?

that app keeps asking you to buy a license. don't see how that might work.

Last edited by a moderator:

happyjogger6

Jan 4, 2017
Visit site
I got my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge about 2 weeks ago. I listen to Jango a lot. I've not had any problems in the past. This morning I started having issues with the sound cutting out, but not via Blue Tooth, only on the phone itself. I thought about configuration changes I made recently that could have effected the sound. Yesterday evening I had reviewed my data usage and noticed that Chrome and Google Services were eating up a lot of data in the background. I had set both of those to "restrict background data". Seemed to be a clear cause and effect. So I turned off "restrict background data" for Chrome and Google Services, rebooted the phone and the problem went away. I don't know if this will work for others, but in my case the cause and effect was clear, and when I backed out the very recent config change, the problem went away.

TheTriniDon

Jan 7, 2017
Visit site
Guys there is no solution to this. I've tried literally everything on this feed.

Well, I've got one more to try: in the soundabout app, go to the aux digital and the wired headset and turn off the settings that allow music to pause when headphones are plugged in/unplugged - seems to be working for me so far

Last edited: