Galaxy S7 audio cuts out, how can I stop this?

joshs475

Jan 10, 2017
Visit site
Re: Galaxy S7 audio cuts out

Hey guys,

I've had my Galaxy S7 for almost two months out and the last few weeks the sound keeps cutting out. This doesn't happen whenever I get called or get a text, but only when I try to watch a video either on YouTube or Facebook or one that's on my phone. The sound will play for only 2 seconds when it stops. It also happens when I try to set a ringtone.

Does anyone know what's going on? Is this common? I really don't want to send it in for repairs.

HERE IS WHAT I DID AND IT WORKED:

Tun on the Galaxy S7
Go to home screen and select the app icon
Then select on the settings icon
Browse for the Application Manager
Select more in the top right corner.
Select on Bluetooth
Select to stop it forcefully.
Now clear the cache
Select clear the Bluetooth data
Select Ok
Finally restart the Galaxy S7

Salim Schweppes

Jan 11, 2017
Visit site
Sup dudes,

All of the steps above didn't work for me and I was on the verge of trading my Galaxy S7 in when I tried one more thing. You'll all won't believe it, but I blew so damn hard into my speaker that it gave me a headache. Guess what, it actually worked for me. The issue might be that your speaker has some debris, dust or whatsoever. Tell me if it worked for you guys, I can finally enjoy my speakers again.

Love, Salim

Last edited:

cjrivera04

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
I'm certain this is a hardware issue. I read in another forum about a guy who would bend or press in the screen and back of the phone with his hands and the audio would cut back on. I too have had this issue and for me pressing in the screen and back of the phone about mid way through did get the audio workng again. Anyone want to confirm this? Going to see if I can get a replacement. The goal is not to break your phone, obviously, but to press in firmly around the front and middle back portion.

Salim Schweppes

Jan 11, 2017
Visit site
I'm going to the Samsung Store today and let professionals do the work. I'll let you know if they can fix it or not and how of course. If my phone needs replacement, I'm just gonna go for another brand. Might **** up my dataplan, but idgaf at this point. This is very frustrating.

I'm certain this is a hardware issue. I read in another forum about a guy who would bend or press in the screen and back of the phone with his hands and the audio would cut back on. I too have had this issue and for me pressing in the screen and back of the phone about mid way through did get the audio workng again. Anyone want to confirm this? Going to see if I can get a replacement. The goal is not to break your phone, obviously, but to press in firmly around the front and middle back portion.

It most definitely has something to do with either dirt or water in your speaker. Blow it with a hairdryer for like 10 seconds and it should work again. Atleast it did the job for me.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cole Brooks1

Jan 16, 2017
Visit site
I think I fixed it, it is actually hardware related. I took my case off, then put it back on and it is fixed! Notice how the audio cuts off when you tap near the camera.

Jannq

Jan 16, 2017
Visit site
I think I might've fixed the problem.

Turn off Easy Mute in the Advanced Features page in Settings.

I turned it off and I haven't had any problems. I can't believe it was an easy fix. I've been dealing with this problem for 2 months...

Filippo881

Jan 18, 2017
Visit site
Hi everyone, I'm italian and I apologize in advance for my English.
I've the same stupid problem on my new s7 flat and i tried all the tricks in this thread without success.
THIS IS A HARDWARE ISSUE! When the audio disappears if I use *#0*# function, the speaker doesn't respond.
So i tried to manipulate the device and i found that if you press the center of the back cover, with your other fingers on the sides, the sound comes and goes. Now, with some attempt, I can generate and solve the problem.
I fear that we will need assistance

TK411

Jan 19, 2017
Visit site
If I remember correctly, the Samsung Captivate had a similar. The sound would cut out and if you would flex the body, you'd get the sound back temporarily. Someone figured out the screw holding the speaker in was tightened too tight affecting the speaker connection. Loosened it up a bit and it solved the problem. I'm not saying this is the case, but it might be worth looking into.

brianmk

Jan 19, 2017
Visit site
I have the same issue; speaker cuts out or fades after a few seconds of playing a YouTube video or a Spotify song (even if the video/song is locally stored). Sound will come back on and then cut out again. Seems to go off when you tab the back of phone hard too.

Any fix? Verizon will only send me a "certified like new" phone, but this phone is only 18 days old! I called Samsung and they want me to bring it to a BestBuy that is certified to fix the phone. Problem is the closest BestBuy that is authorized to fix Samsung phones is in Bakersfield, OVER 4 HOURS AWAY (I am in SF).

KrisPed

Dec 18, 2016
Visit site
So I took mine in for repairs. Twice it came back, and they only did some software updates or whatever, no change. The second time, I literally got home, turned it on, opened youtube, sound cut off again, back to the dealer within 2 hours. 3rd time, they did some "physical repairs" whatever that means, and it's fixed. So it's definently some form of hardware issue.

Sal S

Jan 30, 2017
Visit site
So I took mine in for repairs. Twice it came back, and they only did some software updates or whatever, no change. The second time, I literally got home, turned it on, opened youtube, sound cut off again, back to the dealer within 2 hours. 3rd time, they did some "physical repairs" whatever that means, and it's fixed. So it's definently some form of hardware issue.

Still working for you? I've been through a few replacements myself already, all affected. Searched the web to see other Android 6.0.1 devices (Motorola, Nexus, etc) having the same issue... Still wondering if it's on the software end after all.

Last edited:

William Wukovits

Jan 31, 2017
Visit site
someone may have mentioned this, but after the phone cuts out, you can "bend" the phone to get the sound to come back on. something therefore is loose inside (speaker or a screw or something is loose). since i figured out you can bend the phone to get the sound back, i haven't NOT been able to get it back (the problem still exists most of the time, with the sound cutting out after 2 seconds, but at least i can get it back).

Sal S

Jan 30, 2017
Visit site
someone may have mentioned this, but after the phone cuts out, you can "bend" the phone to get the sound to come back on. something therefore is loose inside (speaker or a screw or something is loose). since i figured out you can bend the phone to get the sound back, i haven't NOT been able to get it back (the problem still exists most of the time, with the sound cutting out after 2 seconds, but at least i can get it back).

Thanks for responding... Yeah. After reading your post, and trying it out gently, it's definitely pressure on the outer case of the phone that causes this for me...

UPDATE:
No reply yet from Samsung, on my 3RD affected warranty replacement through AT&T... This is infuriating. $800+ down the drain.

EmeryLee

Feb 4, 2017
Visit site
Re: Galaxy S7 audio cuts out

Hey guys,

I've had my Galaxy S7 for almost two months out and the last few weeks the sound keeps cutting out. This doesn't happen whenever I get called or get a text, but only when I try to watch a video either on YouTube or Facebook or one that's on my phone. The sound will play for only 2 seconds when it stops. It also happens when I try to set a ringtone.

Does anyone know what's going on? Is this common? I really don't want to send it in for repairs.

I found a suggestion on the Samsung Forum site and someone suggested removing the Xfinity apps. I did that and it fixed this issue. So give that a try if you have any of those Xfinity apps installed. I removed the Xfinity Connect App, Xfinity TV App, and the Xfinity TV Remote App. I only left the Xfinity My Account App and it doesn't seem like it interferes with audio/video playback. :)

Jjphd28

Feb 8, 2017
Visit site
Perhaps a solution: my S7 edge has been experiencing the audio cut out for some time now. Today, the sound cut off on YouTube. I immediately opened Spotify and tried to play a song there and it cut off there, too. *I had thought Spotify was immune to the audio cut outs. I remembered that someone speculated that the easy mute setting may be overriding the audio. My easy mute setting is turned off, but I always have my phone set to silent. So, I switched my phone setting to sound and the audio immediately came back on with no issue on YouTube or Spotify.

Perhaps, the notification sound setting is universal? Meaning the software, as was written, defers to the phone notification setting, instead of allowing the user to keep her/his phone on silent or vibrate and still listen to audio? Either way, it's a software issue on the part of Samsung.

Try switching your device from silent or vibrate to sound and see if that works for you. It did for me. If it stops working, I'll let you know. *edit: also maybe have Spotify on to override whatever is commanding the sound to fade away/turn off.

Last edited:

KrisPed

Dec 18, 2016
Visit site
Still working for you? I've been through a few replacements myself already, all affected. Searched the web to see other Android 6.0.1 devices (Motorola, Nexus, etc) having the same issue... Still wondering if it's on the software end after all.

Yes, it's been working fine ever since. Either they fixed the hardware issue like they said, or they lowkey slipped me a replacement phone (doubtful)

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roshanchoudhary