Lock screen questions

Dr. S

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site
I just got an S7 after years of more stock-ish Android phones. It's pretty nice so far, but I'm trying to see if I can get used to some of the Samsung quirks or if the more vanilla HTC 10 is better for me. There are a couple of lock screen things that are bothering me. First, is there a way to double-tap lock screen notifications to open them in the app? That's how it works in stock, but here it just selects and then deselects each notification.

Also, one thing I really like over stock is having quick toggle settings on the notification drawer so I don't have to pull down twice to access them. But toggling things like wifi and Bluetooth require me to unlock the phone, which kind of undermines the convenience factor. Is there a setting so that I can toggle them from the lock screen without having to unlock?

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
What lock screen are you using? If I set the lock screen to swipe, all I have to do is single tap on a notification to open it in the relevant app. Using fingerprint, I can tap the notification once, then use my fingerprint to unlock the phone and immediately open the relevant app.

Some of the quick setting toggles can be switched while the screen is locked, but not all of them. I don't know of any way to change that behavior. But with fingerprint lock, it's so easy to unlock the phone. I just press the home button to turn on the screen, then release it while resting my finger on the button. The screen powers on and unlocks almost instantly. It's really one action, as if the phone wasn't locked at all.

Dr. S

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site
What lock screen are you using? If I set the lock screen to swipe, all I have to do is single tap on a notification to open it in the relevant app. Using fingerprint, I can tap the notification once, then use my fingerprint to unlock the phone and immediately open the relevant app.

Good tip, thanks!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995