got my daughter an s7 on thursday. she dropped it....

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Back glass I suppose and not the screen. No case? Sorry, I have no idea, I just know it CAN be replaced. Dumb "premium" materials! When you get it replace, I highly recommend protecting your investment with a case and screen protector.

systemofadown1

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I did just a little bit of quick checking around... It looks like Prices range from 80 bucks to well over $200 depending on who you have do the work (an average cell repair service vs Samsung).
These are just estimates I have seen, so take them with a grain of salt.

oneformula

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
I did just a little bit of quick checking around... It looks like Prices range from 80 bucks to well over $200 depending on who you have do the work (an average cell repair service vs Samsung).
These are just estimates I have seen, so take them with a grain of salt.

thanks - i emailed a local shop last night and they responded: $60 to replace the back

teeitupmo#WN

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Because if your daughter was under 16, man...an Otterbox or the like and insurance are essential purchases when giving a kid a cell phone.

Now that my kids are late teens, they rarely drop their phone...when they were 13-16...they broke so many phones it was ridiculous.

oneformula

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Because if your daughter was under 16, man...an Otterbox or the like and insurance are essential purchases when giving a kid a cell phone.

Now that my kids are late teens, they rarely drop their phone...when they were 13-16...they broke so many phones it was ridiculous.

got an answer to either of my questions?

anon(79257)

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site
Might want to also make sure that they can restore the waterproofing, on the reassembly. $60 might seem like a good deal, until you realize that they don't guarantee the work or state that waterproofing will be restored. Just a thought.

Dan TheMan86

Jan 12, 2016
Visit site
I bought mine full price, cash a few weeks ago and never got insurance. I do have a case though. Phone insurance is way too expensive over time and rarely gets used. Then you get hit with the high deductible.

MKairys

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
I did the same thing, dropped my new S7 the day before my case arrived in the mail. (I'm 65 years old ;)) It hit on the corner and shattered the back glass. I had Asurion but wanted to know if a repair would be cheaper than the $150 deductible. I called two local shops and got figures of $75 and $160. Both shops agreed (1) they would be unable to restore the waterproofing, and (2) the new back would be "generic", i.e. not identical.

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
I did the same thing, dropped my new S7 the day before my case arrived in the mail. (I'm 65 years old ;)) It hit on the corner and shattered the back glass. I had Asurion but wanted to know if a repair would be cheaper than the $150 deductible. I called two local shops and got figures of $75 and $160. Both shops agreed (1) they would be unable to restore the waterproofing, and (2) the new back would be "generic", i.e. not identical.

Well don't leave us hanging...which option did you use to fix it? :) I've dropped mine at least 3x, maybe 4, in the 5 weeks I've had it. It's been on hard surfaces each time. With the Spigen Ultra Hybrid case (same case that kept my S5 looking out of the box new after two years) and a Zagg InvisableSheild screen protector (again, same setup with the S5), there isn't a dent or crack or scratch on it. It would be interesting to know if people that like their phones "nekkid" also ride motorcycles without a helmet. Or jump out of airplanes with no parachute...I'm guessing not more than once ;)