For the S7 owners on Verizon...they added DT Ignite in the latest update

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Who cares? Disabled and done.

Posted via the Android Central App

Well I believe the care is bringing it to people's attention.. That way they can disable. How else would you disable what you don't know is there? ;).

drbol

Jul 20, 2014
Visit site
I appreciate the input, I had no idea what DTIGNITE was. I was able to disable it quickly.

Posted via the Android Central App

sangs

Trusted Member
May 9, 2015
Visit site
Well I believe the care is bringing it to people's attention.. That way they can disable. How else would you disable what you don't know is there? ;).

You're right, fair enough. I wasn't thinking straight. The "Enjoy" part made me think it was supposed to be some attack on Verizon, as if others don't play the same games.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
You're right, fair enough. I wasn't thinking straight. The "Enjoy" part made me think it was supposed to be some attack on Verizon, as if others don't play the same games.

Ah yeah I see. Lately I have counted AT&T as the king of bloat -- that ad in the drop-down notification panel is insane haha. Verizon isn't too bad either.. they're like T-Mobile. A few apps that pertain to them / their services .. not really much is new. The DT Ignite is bad but as you said disabling it is a painless process and takes that worry away very fast :).

kramer5150

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Happened on my LG V10 as well... Actually ALL the Verizon bloat was re-activated when I did the MM update. (slacker radio, NFL, Amazon, Go90, ThinkFree, DTignite)

PA452

Mar 24, 2016
Visit site
Glad I checked out that article. I looked yesterday and didn't see it. I didn't realize then I had to check under "system apps". I just saw it wasn't in the main list under application manager.