Music app/service

Needkeys

Dec 1, 2015
Visit site
My use of music on-the-go has always been very simple. I had a blackberry...no music on my phone. I had iTunes and various iPods. Whether in the car, on bike ride, or walking the dog, I was always covered.

Now, with the S7, I'd like to up my music game a bit. I've read a bunch of articles about the different services, and it seems to always come down to either Spotify or Google Play Music. Apple Music still seems to be going through its initial evolutionary steps (at least on Android), and it looks like Amazon music just has much less of a selection.

Not sure which way to go here. One of my BIGGEST priorities is battery life, and I have read a ton about how Spotify eats up the battery quickly. I just don't know whether that's solely with streaming (which I would assume would use a lot of battery regardless of the service) or whether there are battery issues even with music that has been downloaded.

I do NOT have an SD card in my phone. After reading about the endless SD card errors, I have decided to hold off on that for now. I have taken 1 photo with my phone in the 4 weeks since I have it....not a big photo taker at all. That said, it seems like I would want to take any music I purchased or downloaded and put it on an SD card...so I don't know if one app plays better with SD cards over another.

Basically just looking for some overall direction with this...thanks...

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I would say give them each a try. Both offer trials. GPM is 30 days and Spotify I think has a similar deal. That way you can see which one is best for you :).

williams448

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Never tried Spotify, only because GPM has served all my music needs. Cant beat $14.99 for family plan, with up to 6 devices. For me, the app has always been easy to navigate, and selecting which music to pin is effortless w/o any cables.

Last edited:

sangs

Trusted Member
May 9, 2015
Visit site
Endless SD card errors? Have been using an SD card filled with all my music since Day 1 without issue.

Posted via the Android Central App

anon(19759)

Trusted Member
Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
Been using GPM for a few months on the family plan, but I'm starting to dislike how they don't have good genre stations. I want an 80's 90's and today station, nothing to be found.

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Just out of curiosity, what app do you use to play all your music from your SD card?

I use HibyMusic, since I use a USB OTB cable to connect a FiiO Q1 DAC and play FLAC files on my SD card (either ripped from CDs using Exact Audio Copy or purchased from HDtracks).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seniorengineerdood