Is anyone still having problems typing? Touch screen not responsive?

music_man185

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
It has been very difficult for me to type on my s7 from day one. I feel like I have to type slow and press hard in order for it to recognize every touch. Otherwise I end up with missing letters and no haptic feedback. I was hoping an update would fix this, but still nothing. Anyone else experiencing this, or just me? The problem seems worse with SwiftKey. Not quite as bad with the stock Samsung keyboard, but still present.

Rushkiboy1

May 10, 2016
Visit site
It has been very difficult for me to type on my s7 from day one. I feel like I have to type slow and press hard in order for it to recognize every touch. Otherwise I end up with missing letters and no haptic feedback. I was hoping an update would fix this, but still nothing. Anyone else experiencing this, or just me? The problem seems worse with SwiftKey. Not quite as bad with the stock Samsung keyboard, but still present.

anon(9408097)

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
Is the touchscreen non responsive other than in text as well? Because I feel like it's unresponsive not in typing but otherwise in navigating through the UI.

Posted via the Android Central App

music_man185

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Possibly. It seems like I have noticed it a few times, but if I'm using other parts of the screen, it's only for one or two touches. It's most notable when typing with multiple presses

music_man185

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
It seems like not many are experiencing this problem. If so, I'm seriously considering exchanging my s7 for another one. This drives me crazy! I pulled out my note 3 last night that I had before my s7 and was amazed at how much faster I could type while getting every keystroke. It's night and day compared to my s7

anon(9408097)

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
It seems like not many are experiencing this problem. If so, I'm seriously considering exchanging my s7 for another one. This drives me crazy! I pulled out my note 3 last night that I had before my s7 and was amazed at how much faster I could type while getting every keystroke. It's night and day compared to my s7

Yes I've been noticing it too. It's not "not responsive". It seems slow to response to me. But it's not something I'd get the phone exchanged for. I'll wait some more.

anon(9408097)

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
Are you running the latest update with the touch screen improvements and all? I think it came out a while ago.