Galaxy S7 - Can't transfer files to Windows

A

AC Question

I'm having an incredibly difficult time trying to transfer files from my S7 to my PC. I've enabled USB debugging reinstalled the driver dozens of times, tried MTP and PTP.

Windows explorer only displays 'local disk' icons. Sometimes I can manage to get a picture or two to display along with a bunch of jpeg files and more 'local disk' icons. However, I can't do anything with them. As soon as I click anything, windows explorer just loads indefinitely.

I've tried scouring forums, but the answers are almost unanimously 'reinstall drivers' or 'enable MTP'.

RandomLetters

May 12, 2016
Visit site
I've also tried downloading smart switch. It recognizes my phone in PTP, but tells me to use MTP, which doesn't recognize that my device is connected... Are all of my USB cables coincidentally garbage?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! See if you can test out another OEM S7 cable--maybe take it to your local Best Buy and see if they can test it for you at the Samsung Experience store. Samsung devices can be pretty fussy about which cables they use.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon