How many of you have the G930FD, the dual sim model?

anon(9408097)

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
If you do, you're probably located in Asia. It's mostly sold in Asia so I'm assuming. I could be wrong of course.

My question is, what firmware are you on? Which region are you in? And how many updates have you received so far since you've purchased this phone?

I recently purchased the S7 dual sim variant in Pakistan. The firmware it was running was old. The build date said 6th February. My previous S6 edge was running the latest firmware with the built date and the security patch of April. The update tab said I was fully updated.

I searched around and there hasn't been much talk about this model so couldn't find any info on why my phone hasn't been receiving any updates.

What I did find is that we can flash any 930F firmware on 930FD and retain all the dual sim features the warranty and everything. So I went ahead and did that. I'm on the May build with the same months security patch. I downloaded the Australian firmware. Don't know why. I should've flashed the UK one which receives updates the fastest. Specific firmwares for G930FD are also available on sammobile but they too are old and contain just India sirlanka and Nepal firmwares.

Have you guys been receiving updates on your dual sim variants?

Posted via the Android Central App

anon(9408097)

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
BTW, which colour u have and how much did u pay for it? Any ongoing schemes in Pakistan?

After creating this thread I went ahead and flashed the same firmware you have hahaha :D the Indian INS APD1. The Australian one ran fine but it didn't feel right running a firmware built for single sim variants. I thought I should wait with you guys. It had the android security patch of 2nd April as well.

And I have the Silver Titanium 32GB variant. All of the colors were available though. I like the silver one the best. I got it for 60k. Which is $600. I think this is the price right now. Here at least. It keeps on fluctuating though.

anon(9408097)

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
My 930FD just received an update of 350mb. It's downloading. Did anybody else get it too? Running the Indian region stock firmware.

rtolfree

Oct 26, 2016
Visit site
Hi Rizwan Basir - I know this thread is a bit old now but I'm thinking of buying a G930FD model though I live in the UK. Just wondered whether you were still getting any updates?

Does anyone else have a G930FD and live in the UK? Would like to hear of any experiences especially regarding updates

Snappy Phoenix

Jun 20, 2015
Visit site
If you do, you're probably located in Asia. It's mostly sold in Asia so I'm assuming. I could be wrong of course.

My question is, what firmware are you on? Which region are you in? And how many updates have you received so far since you've purchased this phone?

I recently purchased the S7 dual sim variant in Pakistan. The firmware it was running was old. The build date said 6th February. My previous S6 edge was running the latest firmware with the built date and the security patch of April. The update tab said I was fully updated.

I searched around and there hasn't been much talk about this model so couldn't find any info on why my phone hasn't been receiving any updates.

What I did find is that we can flash any 930F firmware on 930FD and retain all the dual sim features the warranty and everything. So I went ahead and did that. I'm on the May build with the same months security patch. I downloaded the Australian firmware. Don't know why. I should've flashed the UK one which receives updates the fastest. Specific firmwares for G930FD are also available on sammobile but they too are old and contain just India sirlanka and Nepal firmwares.

Have you guys been receiving updates on your dual sim variants?

I'm in Dubai and I have the Dual Sim variant, 0 updates! still on the August Security Patch: See: http://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-s7/736678-where-earth-updates.html

anon(9408097)

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
Hi Rizwan Basir - I know this thread is a bit old now but I'm thinking of buying a G930FD model though I live in the UK. Just wondered whether you were still getting any updates?

Does anyone else have a G930FD and live in the UK? Would like to hear of any experiences especially regarding updates

I flashed the non-duos firmware from Odin. It functions the same. Dual sim functions work the same. Everything remains the same. Just your phone gets updated quickly. It's a win. If you don't want to go through the hassle of flashing (although it's really easy) then don't worry about the updates. There isn't much new in the updates anyways.

You can flash it once this phone gets hit with the Android 7. Which will take a while.

Snappy Phoenix

Jun 20, 2015
Visit site
I flashed the non-duos firmware from Odin. It functions the same. Dual sim functions work the same. Everything remains the same. Just your phone gets updated quickly. It's a win. If you don't want to go through the hassle of flashing (although it's really easy) then don't worry about the updates. There isn't much new in the updates anyways.

You can flash it once this phone gets hit with the Android 7. Which will take a while.

When I tried flashing, I selected the AP file but when I click start, it finished instantly and nothing happens using the latest Odin

can you please post a step by step guide on how you flashed it

anon(9408097)

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
When I tried flashing, I selected the AP file but when I click start, it finished instantly and nothing happens using the latest Odin

can you please post a step by step guide on how you flashed it

It's available on Internet everywhere. Youtube flashing firmware on Odin S7 and you'll find so many tutorials.

You have to first find the right file and download it
If you followed all the right steps and nothing happened then you must've flashed the firmware already installed on your phone.

Snappy Phoenix

Jun 20, 2015
Visit site
It's available on Internet everywhere. Youtube flashing firmware on Odin S7 and you'll find so many tutorials.

You have to first find the right file and download it
If you followed all the right steps and nothing happened then you must've flashed the firmware already installed on your phone.

I grabbed the G930F (Saudi Arabia AKA KSA) firmware: G930FXXU1BPJE_G930FOJV1BPH4_KSA

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20