Lock screen Swipe not working

BrianOvaltine

May 25, 2016
Visit site
Hey,
For the past few days, my phone has been bypassing the lock screen but ONLY on the swipe option. Pin, password, and patterns work but swipe does not. I keep my phone on swipe so for me that's a problem. I haven't changed the settings recently so I'm completely clueless to why this is happening. I don't have smart lock on or anything (I'm pretty positive) that would prevent my phone from locking.

This is very frustrating and any help would be appreciated. Currently there is no difference between having swipe or none as my lock option.

Thanks,
Brian

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Does this happen no matter how long the screen has been asleep? What is your Automatically Lock interval set to (i.e., the interval between when the screen goes to sleep and when it becomes locked)?

BrianOvaltine

May 25, 2016
Visit site
I believe so. I could leave it asleep for 15 minutes and it still won't lock with Swipe. There isn't an Automatic Lock interval when my phone is set to Swipe, but otherwise it's 5 seconds with the other lock types.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Hmm. Just to be completely sure, go to Settings>Security>Trust Agents, ​and turn off Smart Lock there.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
My pleasure, but I wish I knew the right answer!:)

If it's happening in Safe Mode, then it's probably an issue with the firmware. It's hard to say if it's a bug in the official firmware, or if your firmware somehow became corrupted. It'd be nice to know if many other S7 owners also see this, but when I do a Google search for the issue, pretty much all of the posts are about how to disable the swipe to unlock step, rather than making sure it shows up.

You could try using Smart Switch to reinstall the firmware, or manually reinstall it using Odin: http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...w-flash-stock-rom-via-odin-new-interface.html

BrianOvaltine

May 25, 2016
Visit site
Welp, I I think I found out what's happening. I use Go Weather and it had a setting that ended up disabling swipe. It was to show weather on my lock screen. It didn't do anything, yet it ended up disabling swipe. Turned the setting off and now swipe works.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Great! Although it's odd that Safe Mode didn't seem to help--it should have disabled Go Weather, and therefore the control that Go Weather has over swipe.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC