What is the best Antivirus app?

artie

May 16, 2016
Visit site
Trying to decide on the best Antivirus software for my S7. Coming from BlackBerry never had to worry about it before, any advice?
Thank you ,
arTie

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
I don't think you need to worry about it now either. There are some in the store and some folks like to use them but I think the majority of people don't and just take care where they download stuff. I think they are battery hogs to a certain extent and don't really do a lot of protecting, just from what I've read over the years I've been using Android. Just download from the store and not untrusted sites and you should be fine.

SkaterGuy2k

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
I am currently using Kaspersky Internet Security. I have been using them for a long while on my families and friends computers with no issues. So when a friend suggested to use it on the phone I installed it and I haven't had any issues since I purchased my s7 a couple months ago. My buddy is using it on an s5 and has no issue with how it runs there at all. I'm very satisfied with the performance and security. Definitely recommend for your phone and pc, 1 box does 3 devices.

I usually buy them on boxing day for $19-$24 for a year or 18 months.

Good luck and enjoy :D

Posted via the Android Central App

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
I don't use them. I don't think there is a need to use them as long as you don't allow applications from unknown sources to be installed in the settings.

Having said that, I know a fellow who works at Lookout. I can't vouch for their results when looking for malware, but I can say the way they handle and protect your data once it reaches their servers is excellent. That's important.

bgesullo

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site
I really only use lookout myself. Other virus apps are memory hogs and slow down your phone. Have been using lookout since day one and its a great app to have.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar