Automatic Answering when taking out of holster case

Shoesmom

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I bought a holster case for my S7 and have noticed that when the phone rings it automatically answers the call when I am taking it out of the case. Is there any way to disable this? I had the same case with my S5 and never had this problem. Thanks.

Shoesmom

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Thanks. I did check to see if that was turned on but it wasn't. I realized today that what is happening is the phone isn't automatically answering like I thought it was, it just stops ringing as I pick it up and start taking it out of the holster. My S5 never did that. I guess I was inadvertently swiping over to answer the phone out of habit even though it wasn't ringing and when someone was on the other end, I thought that the phone was automatically answering. So, I guess my question now is, why doesn't the phone continue to ring until I answer it when I start to take it out of the holster case?

Shoesmom

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
It was on! Thank you so much for the information. I didn't know where to look or what I was looking for. I appreciate your help!

Thelonegranger

Nov 14, 2016
Visit site
G'day Shoesman, I noticed you found your problem, just incase others on here suffer a similar problem..... Have a look to see if your "NFC" is turned on😡...
I was having the same problem as you (touch phone or pick it up and stops ringing) BUT, I also had an incessant problem with my phone making constant noises (similar to a message or email notification sound) but it would happen at ANY TIME of day (or night) and would make the sounds up to 100+ times in a row. It would only stop when i shook the phone upside down??? Telstra had NO IDEA until my 12th visit when 1 staff member actually had had the same problem... I was almost ready to turn my phone into a tennis ball until i found out about NFC

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech