Is the S7 compatible with Ford's Sync 3 AppLink?

jtsparks22

Jun 17, 2016
Visit site
I've been trying to set up Sync 3 in my new 2016 Ford Mustang to use the mobile apps on my S7. The only app that I've been able to get the Sync 3 system to discover is Pandora. I was told by the sales person and the Ford site seems to indicate that google maps should work with Sync 3 applink and I also have a few other apps that claim to be compatible but Pandora is the only one that is discovered when I select discover new apps. All of the apps on my phone are up to date. I have connected the Sync 3 system to wifi and updated it. I also successfully updated apps from the Sync 3 settings menu but still can't get it to include any apps other than Pandora from my phone.

The S7 is not listed as one of the supported phones on the Ford web site (maybe too new??) Is anyone else able to use apps from their S7 (such as google maps) on a Sync 3 system? And if so, did you have to anything other than make sure everything is updated, connect the phone, and select discover apps from the apps menu on the Sync 3 system?

Thanks for your help,
JT

jtsparks22

Jun 17, 2016
Visit site
FYI:
I took my car back to the dealer on Saturday for a different issue but I asked about this issue while I was there. They couldn't find anyone in sales or service that had a definite answer but the "rumor" seemed to be that Ford is supposed to release an upgrade for the Sync 3 system sometime in September. And after some more searching on the Ford website I found:

Note: Android Auto is available on 2017 model year Ford vehicles with compatible SYNC 3. Owners of 2016 model year Ford vehicles with SYNC 3 are required to perform a software upgrade to use Android Auto. Please check back on the Ford Owner site this summer for more information about this upgrade.​

So hopefully this will work on my 2016 Mustang after the next major upgrade to Sync 3.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34