Fingerprint unlock

TWC42

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
Having limited success using my thumb fingerprint to unlock my phone, less than 50% successful. Perhaps I should try another finger. I'm old; maybe my fingerprints are worn out. They certainly look smooth. Scanned my thumb twice as Fingerprint 1 & Fingerprint 2. No improvement.
Any suggestions?
Do you use Fingerprint, PIN or pattern?

Alanhd

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I use 4 different fingers. Two thumbs and both index fingers. Are you sure your moving thumb around and at different angles as you scan it in.

hdhuntr

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I get about 50% too no matter how much I mess with it. Fingerprint is "cool" but pin pattern is so much easier and works 100% of the time.

Last edited:

TWC42

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
I use 4 different fingers. Two thumbs and both index fingers. Are you sure your moving thumb around and at different angles as you scan it in.

Yes, tried three different times on right thumb. Followed Samsung instructional video. Tried my left index finger. Still no better. Sometimes it works, sometime it doesn't. The pattern seems the quickest and most reliable. Again, I think it's my lack of pronounced fingerprints. Woodworking must wear them out.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463