Anyone Have Any Underwater Pictures?

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
I want to take some of my grandchildren at my parent's pool but I'm just too chicken! I'd love to see some underwater photos and how your phone did under water.
Thanks

BillArf

Feb 4, 2015
Visit site
As for me, I have more sense then to do as you suggest with a $700+ cellphone that is just "water resistant".

Alanhd

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I have a GoPro for the underwater shots. It's much cheaper to buy a dedicated camera than the cost if I destroy my phone.
I'm saving trying out my phones waterproof for the time I might drop it in water.

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Well Bill, I'm not suggesting you do it. I'm not going to but I know a lot of people did with the S5 so I'm guessing with the increase in IP rating, someone has tried it with the S7. I was just merely asking for pictures from anyone that has tried it.

Alanhd

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Which model do you have Alan? Are they all waterproof?
I have the hero black 4. It's housing is rated to 130ft. The only reason I went with that is I wanted the fast burst mode and I plan on using it for astrophotography time lapse when the nights get longer and darker.

The Hero Session is waterproof without an housing and its relatively cheap, or you can get some good deals on the hero 3 line up.

f308gt4

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I have a cheap waterproof case that I got on amazon that I use. Similar to this:

https://www.amazon.com/Universal-Wa...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5251944

Gives me piece of mind.

The thing to remember is that you need to make sure that you use the volume key to snap the pictures, as touching the screen will not work well underwater. It can also be a bit difficult to see under water. But other than that, it takes decent pictures.

EvilHomer3k

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
I just posted some underwater pictures in the picture thread. Page 29. I got the phone because of the water resistance. I got it on Thursday and took underwater photos on Friday. No waterproof bags, no case. Just the phone in the pool. I dropped my Note 5 twice and will likely drop this one at some point. If that happens it will likely end it's days in the pool.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1