Snapchat video only recording in slow mo (the audio) on Samsung Galaxy S7 Active, how can I change the settings?

khand187

Jul 11, 2016
Visit site
Snapchat video only recording in slow mo (the audio) on Samsung Galaxy S7 Active

Recently purchased the Samsung Galaxy S7 Active and I have an odd issue with the Snapchat app.

While recording video on Snapchat app, it records the audio in slow mo BUT the video is standard. When I use the rabbit filter, the audio then is standard speed, but he video is faster.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled the app a couple times. Restarted phone. No success.

Thanks in advance for the help!

mstrblueskys

Q&A Team
Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
Re: Snapchat video only recording in slow mo (the audio) on Samsung Galaxy S7 Active

Recently purchased the Samsung Galaxy S7 Active and I have an odd issue with the Snapchat app.

While recording video on Snapchat app, it records the audio in slow mo BUT the video is standard. When I use the rabbit filter, the audio then is standard speed, but he video is faster.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled the app a couple times. Restarted phone. No success.

Thanks in advance for the help!

I know it sounds weird, but bare with me here!

Go into your camera app. Check your video settings. Are you recording slo-mo in there? Something like "1080P 120fps"

If you are, change it to 30 or 60FPS or even 24. Then try.

If it's at 30, try switching it to slo-mo and doing a snapchat vid. Report back!

khand187

Jul 11, 2016
Visit site
Re: Snapchat video only recording in slow mo (the audio) on Samsung Galaxy S7 Active

I know it sounds weird, but bare with me here!

Go into your camera app. Check your video settings. Are you recording slo-mo in there? Something like "1080P 120fps"

If you are, change it to 30 or 60FPS or even 24. Then try.

If it's at 30, try switching it to slo-mo and doing a snapchat vid. Report back!

Setting (default) - FHD 1920x1080 also tried 60 fps version of this setting. Same thing on snapchat.

Set camera to slow mo & took snapchat video. Still the same.

Note* - This issue on snapchat is the same front & rear camera. (i didn't mention that in original post)

mstrblueskys

Q&A Team
Dec 21, 2011
Visit site

Setting (default) - FHD 1920x1080 also tried 60 fps version of this setting. Same thing on snapchat.

Set camera to slow mo & took snapchat video. Still the same.

Note* - This issue on snapchat is the same front & rear camera. (i didn't mention that in original post)

I'd reboot the phone, then go into the google play store and see if you have any updates available!

khand187

Jul 11, 2016
Visit site

I'd reboot the phone, then go into the google play store and see if you have any updates available!

Snapchat had a new update recently (either Saturday or Sunday) and I was hoping that was goingto be the fix, but it wasn't.

Just rebooted. No new updates.

mstrblueskys

Q&A Team
Dec 21, 2011
Visit site

Snapchat had a new update recently (either Saturday or Sunday) and I was hoping that was goingto be the fix, but it wasn't.

Just rebooted. No new updates.

And it still doesn't work right?

IT could be a firmware thing. You might have to wait for Samsung to release an update for this to get back to normal. :/

khand187

Jul 11, 2016
Visit site

I'm curious if this is an issue with other GS7 Actives. I find it hard to believe no other GS7A owners don't have snapchat. LOL I have seen no other cases like mine.

khand187

Jul 11, 2016
Visit site

And it still doesn't work right?

IT could be a firmware thing. You might have to wait for Samsung to release an update for this to get back to normal. :/

Posts4 Posts
I'm curious if this is an issue with other GS7 Actives. I find it hard to believe no other GS7A owners don't have snapchat. LOL I have seen no other cases like mine.

Rwf86

Jul 12, 2016
Visit site

Posts4 Posts

I'm having the exact same problem bought the phone yesterday. Haven't figured out how to fix it yet

khand187

Jul 11, 2016
Visit site

I'm having the exact same problem bought the phone yesterday. Haven't figured out how to fix it yet

Yessss. I'm not alone! lol I'm probably heading to the AT&T store this week for other things, but I'll run it by them.... I'm sure it will be a waste of my time.