Home Key Sticking

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
The home key on my S7 is not bouncing back like it should when i tap it. I can still tap on it so it must be coming back up somewhat but not like it normally does. It's like something sticky might have been spilled on it but I'm not aware of anything. If that's the case how do you suggest I go about cleaning it... If I even can. Has anyone here experience a home key that won't bounce back like it should?

mstrblueskys

Q&A Team
Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
The home key on my S7 is not bouncing back like it should when i tap it. I can still tap on it so it must be coming back up somewhat but not like it normally does. It's like something sticky might have been spilled on it but I'm not aware of anything. If that's the case how do you suggest I go about cleaning it... If I even can. Has anyone here experience a home key that won't bounce back like it should?

Interesting! Other people are reporting that it's actually harder to press.

If you wiggle it gently just with your finger on it does it want to spring back? Does it feel loose or is it pretty well stuck?

Wiggle it left to right and report back.

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
No amt of wiggling it or trying to get my fingernail under an edge to lift it up is making a change. Half the time you just hear one click when depressing the home button but then you'll also hear/feel the bounce back. Either way, the phone works like it's suppose to. I would just like to be able to clean it if some kind of liquid got under the button.

If the home button was actually not working, I'd try the easyHome. It DOES work, it's just got a (semi)sticking problem. Thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma