July security update being rolled out

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Following on from the UK thread, here.

July security update has been released for the G935F, Global, Exynos, model of Galaxy S7 Edge for the following unbranded, countries and Product codes...

Nordic Countries NEE
Spain PHE
Portugal TPH
France XEF
Europe XEU

"It's great to be on unbranded stock Global firmware!" :D

French

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Nice if they can now roll it on to the unbranded G930/935 U models in the US it'll be great.

I'm glad you posted that because I think very few of us have this version and I was wondering why ours hasn't been updated yet...thought I might have missed something.

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
The U.S.A. model, unlike the Global model, is a minority regional model like the Canadian variant, so it makes sense for Samsung to roll out something that covers 190+ worldwide countries rather than one country that is divided into carrier firmwares.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
The U.S.A. model, unlike the Global model, is a minority regional model like the Canadian variant, so it makes sense for Samsung to roll out something that covers 190+ worldwide countries rather than one country that is divided into carrier firmwares.

The whole point of buying the US unbranded model is no carrier branding and faster updates. If Samsung isn't going to do that then I'm probably not buying Samsung phone again since carriers models aren't my cup of tea.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FarajWala800