SM-G930U LTE issue on AT&T

fiveintow

Jul 11, 2016
Visit site
Has anyone experienced issues with LTE connectivity on AT&T with the SM-G930U model? I'm only able to get HSPA. Thanks in advance for any help.

rickms80

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone experienced issues with LTE connectivity on AT&T with the SM-G930U model? I'm only able to get HSPA. Thanks in advance for any help.

You need to call up at&t Customer Care. You phone is probably showing up as an unknown device. They will ask for your IMEI.

fiveintow

Jul 11, 2016
Visit site
I talked to customer care at one point, and they updated my IMEI number, but it actually killed all mobile data for me. They said the IMEI was showing up as a verizon device for some reason. I ended up going into an AT&T store and they got mobile data working again by reverting back to my old IMEI.

mush10

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
I will look at tomorrow closer but it looks the same with a quick glance. My next call is to get them to get my imei in the system so I can get voLTE on this thing.

victoryrules8

Aug 15, 2015
Visit site
I was told by ATT customer service that within the next 24 hours these features should be working on the unlocked galaxy s7 from best buy for sure. The samsung930U. My phone is currently showing H+ and not LTE. The guy at ATT had to manually add in anither access point and it allows for.H+. He said the LTE is what has the HD calling and video calling

Posted via the Android Central App

rickms80

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
I was told by ATT customer service that within the next 24 hours these features should be working on the unlocked galaxy s7 from best buy for sure. The samsung930U. My phone is currently showing H+ and not LTE. The guy at ATT had to manually add in anither access point and it allows for.H+. He said the LTE is what has the HD calling and video calling

OK. Keep us up to date. Still not optimistic about VoLTE although I do believe you will get LTE Data.

C3Burk

Jul 15, 2016
Visit site
I have been having the same problem. I can only connect at 3G speeds "H". I have spent many hours on the phone with AT&T and at BestBuy. After swapping out to another new SM-G930U and SIM the same problem still persists. AT&T opened a case for my issue almost 2 weeks ago and said they will get back to me in 3 days. They still haven't gotten back to me so I called and was told the case was closed. I still have NO DATA on my $700.00 phone. This turd is getting returned and I am dropping AT&T. Good Luck.
BTW the tech mentioned its a hardware problem with this phone.

rickms80

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
I have been having the same problem. I can only connect at 3G speeds "H". I have spent many hours on the phone with AT&T and at BestBuy. After swapping out to another new SM-G930U and SIM the same problem still persists. AT&T opened a case for my issue almost 2 weeks ago and said they will get back to me in 3 days. They still haven't gotten back to me so I called and was told the case was closed. I still have NO DATA on my $700.00 phone. This turd is getting returned and I am dropping AT&T. Good Luck.
BTW the tech mentioned its a hardware problem with this phone.

I bet it's frustrating. This is happening with the One Plus 3. These unlocked devices aren't in their IMEI database. I don't know if it's at&t that makes it so difficult or the manufactures being lazy. It was explained to me if they don't have the devices in the database the network will not be allowed to connect to their LTE.

I'm also having the same problem with my G930U. Let's hope AT&T gets there stuff together.

I heard of a route where they take your IMEI and send it up to the techs and they have to manually allow it access to LTE. Customer Care can't do this. I don't know the technical specifics.

mush10

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
It is definitely an account provisioning problem if you cannot get LTE. voLTE is a different story but I am hopeful. For those having trouble, do you have another phone you can put your SIM in. Preferably not an iPhone. If so do that, call AT&T and make sure it has at least that imei tied to your number. Then try again in the unlocked Galaxy. If not I would go get a new SIM and they should be able to put an imei on at the store if it won't still take the unlocked phone.

I did not have time to call about voLTE yet today.

C3Burk

Jul 15, 2016
Visit site
I have gotten 3 new sim cards and even swapped out my new S7 for another one. BestBuy, AT&T store and AT&T phone support have escalated my "case" to their top techs and still nothing. I have spent hours trying to resolve this issue.

victoryrules8

Aug 15, 2015
Visit site
Here's what I did to get LTE back. I did a full reset I took the sim out of my s7 and installed it in my work phone galaxy s6 and put my work phone sim Into my s7. Perfect LTE service on both phones . I then switched the sim cards back and it is now reading LTE. I'm wondering if there was a hangup somewhere in the s7. Like it was stuck in H+. As of now it is showing and running on LTE we will see what the next 72 hours bring. Because that's all I'm giving it then I will be switching to something else I'm thinking

fiveintow

Jul 11, 2016
Visit site
Here's what I did to get LTE back. I did a full reset I took the sim out of my s7 and installed it in my work phone galaxy s6 and put my work phone sim Into my s7. Perfect LTE service on both phones . I then switched the sim cards back and it is now reading LTE. I'm wondering if there was a hangup somewhere in the s7. Like it was stuck in H+. As of now it is showing and running on LTE we will see what the next 72 hours bring. Because that's all I'm giving it then I will be switching to something else I'm thinking

Posted via the Android Central
App

Did you update your IMEI with AT&T or do they still have the old one?

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Re: SM-G930U LTE issue on AT&T

Wow AT&T, why are they making it so hard for an unlocked phone to work on their network. It's absolute bull**** if the imei or something has to be in their database for stuff to work.

As long as the phone supports the bands, right APN is entered everything should magically work without talking to single soul of any carrier. At least that's how it works in T-Mobile now and used to work with AT&T when I was with them few years back. If they have changed that now it's shame on them.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
teapotsax