chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Currently having a galaxy s6 edge plus. Worth the upgrade to galaxy s7/s7 edge?
I don't really use the edge feature
Personally, if you already have the 6Plus, don't. The battery increase wouldn't be too drastic. The camera is not a big improvement unless you like taking night photos. Unless you are always beside the pool or prone to get wet, you wouldn't need water resistance. I'll just advice you to wait for either Note 7 or S8 next year.

FastMoneyPlaya

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
What about upgrading from the S5 to the S7 - it it worth it? My S5 contract just ended. It works fine, so I'm not really sure if I need a new phone???

RadeonHD4250

Jan 11, 2016
Visit site
Here's my theory on "upgrading."
If my phone isn't severely damaged, runs all apps that I need it to, lasts me enough to get me through the day... I'm fine.

How much faster can these phones send texts, process Facebook and load email? 'Cause that's what I usually use my phone for.

I don't really care for gimmicks.

The only downside is the lack of support on an "older" phone, but it can be a blessing in disguise. Look at the iPhone 4S. Sure, it runs iOS 9... Like a dog.

Posted via the Android Central App

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
What about upgrading from the S5 to the S7 - it it worth it? My S5 contract just ended. It works fine, so I'm not really sure if I need a new phone???
Will you be paying any differently if you get a new one from contract?

That's why I just upgraded actually. There won't be any difference in what I pay and the services I get, plus I get a new dual sim S7E that eliminates the need to bring two phones for me.

If it's not giving you an additional cost monthly, the question becomes why not?

AxlMyk

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
My S3 acted like it blew a fuse, so I had to upgrade. Going up 4 generations of phones was worth it. I can't say 1 generation is worth it.

anon(9408097)

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
They're practically the same phones. Except for water proofing. And if you have gold or silver in the S6 edge plus, I think they look better on it than the S7. If you want the black color then that's a different story. Black on S7 is worth the upgrade. Again in my opinion. I know many would disagree.

FastMoneyPlaya

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
My wife just upgraded. From what I can tell, the camera on the S7 is the biggest upgrade from my S5. Everything else seems minor. The speed of opening apps, refreshing web pages, etc are close to identical - so performance is not really that significant. That said, I just got an offer from Verizon which will credit me $200 for my S5 on a trade-in. So I might as well do it. Got the S7 for $678 minus $200 credit... And my monthly line charge will go from $40 a month to $20 plus the finance payment on the new phone - so pretty much the same monthly charge.

kittenfuud

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
The selling point for me on the S7 was the SD card option, which the S6 didn't have, much to my chagrin! I didn't go w the Edge bc cases are weird, and I was afraid I'd open some app on the edge accidentally as well.

Galaxy Gal from 1-7!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000