HTC One M8 to GS7

panhandler

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I have had HTC phones for a long time (Inspire, One X, One M7, and One M8) and thanks to ATT's decision not to carry the 10, I now have the S7. I have only had it for a week or so but I have to say that I love this phone. The screen is incredible and battery life is OK. I like Sense better than Touchwiz but it's not bad and I can switch to a different launcher if I want to. I'm not saying that I would never buy another HTC phone again but it would have to be a pretty good phone to get me to switch back.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Hey.

Glad to hear that the Galaxy S7 is giving you a pretty good experience.

Just being curious, what would HTC need to do to get you back?

WexIan

Jun 18, 2015
Visit site
Hi, Like you I changed from a M9 and M7 befor that and must say I am very pleased with my S7, streets ahead I think. Camera, screen superb and super fast and responsieve. I like the wireless charging as well. Not as pure Android as HTC but I use Package Disabler Pro to remove bloatware. There will always be some things I will miss about HTC and I looked hard about purchasing a new HTC 10 but glad to be back with Samsung as I started with a Galaxy S, S3 and S4 Mini.

TWC42

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
Went from HTC One (M7) (wife still uses her HTC One Mini) to LG G3 and now to S7. Samsung Pay was my main motivation for trying the S7, but my experience with it has been less than stellar, given the mishmash of terminals at various stores. Wireless charging, both Qi and PMA, works on my AT&T branded S7 (but I suggest using a genuine Samsung wireless charger). The recent upgrade (by AT&T) to WiFi calling is a blessing, while Advanced Messaging may be somewhat of a curse. I used to send texts and forget about it. Now when sending a text to one I know has AM if I don't see "delivered" and then "read", I worry that something is wrong.
Power-wise, the battery on the S7 has held up significantly better than any of my previous phones, with the same general usage pattern. Easily lasts a full day and in most cases, above 50% when placed on the wireless charger at night.
Each phone I've had is better than the previous phone, and the S7 is the best so far. You won't be disappointed.