3-second delay trying to answer calls

anon(19759)

Trusted Member
Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
Verizon, galaxy s7. For some reason i have to wait until the call is about 3 seconds in before the calling party can hear me. Happens the same on handset, Bluetooth, speaker, WiFi calling or cellular. Anyone else seeing this?

Posted via the Android Central App

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Verizon, galaxy s7. For some reason i have to wait until the call is about 3 seconds in before the calling party can hear me. Happens the same on handset, Bluetooth, speaker, WiFi calling or cellular. Anyone else seeing this?

Are you using any 3rd party dialers? And other apps that area using your dialer?
I would factory reset after a backup and then see what happens on a fresh install. If that doesn't work you may want to reach out to Verizon, could be something as simple as your SIM card having an issue and needing replaement

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Nope, stock dialer.

I would try the factory reset then. Or even go into safe mode and see if calls work normally then, if they do it's most likely an app causing it, if that doesn't work you could try a factory reset. If that doesn't work probably hardware or SIM card

anon(19759)

Trusted Member
Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
Found out what was happening. In fringe LTE coverage areas when on wifi also, there is a short silence when it's moving from cell to wifi. Now all I do is answer the phone and wait for the symbol to indicate wifi calling and the call continues just fine.