Pictures not showing up

Msporredoss

Aug 4, 2016
Visit site
I recently added an SD card to my S7. When I opened the camera for the first time it asked me if I wanted the SD card to be the default storage location and I said, yes. Now, some of the pictures and videos I take open as a black screen with an error in the middle. HELP!!!

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried opening the files in a computer? Do they show up the same? If so, the card is damaged or corrupted (and that's why you shouldn't save your camera pictures to SD cards unless you've already backed them up somewhere, which reminds me to remind you to back them up to a cloud service or an external hardrive). SD cards aren't that reliable :(

You can try to recover some of the files with this, but results aren't guaranteed and often not really being able to recover any of the damaged files :(
http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...guide-using-chkdsk-fix-corrupted-sd-card.html

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately that does sound like the files got corrupted. Try to use CHKDSK or finding an SD Repair tool online, but again, in all honesty, I wouldn't keep high hopes.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aaahza