SD Card Corrupt or Unsupported ??

abbbe

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys ;)

I've been using a Toshiba SD card in my S5 for a few weeks and i was using it as adopted storage the a 50/50 mix.

I'm now trying to use it in my S7 but i either get an error saying that its corrupt or that its unsupported and that it need to be formatted.

Every time i try a format it it just give an error.

I have tried formatting the adopted partition in the S5 and then doing a full format but i still get the error.

Ive also tried formatting it on my PC (using the built in format utility, GUIformat , formatter and running a few chkdsk commands but everything checks out ok.

The PC reads and writes to the card perfectly and if i put the card back in the S5 it works as it should.

So it seems like its just the S7 that's having problems with it.

I know its the a hardware fault with the S7 as i can use other SD cards in it, its just this 128gb one that im having problems with.

Any ideas how to fix it?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm a little confused--I thought Samsung devices don't support adoptable storage (and I've never heard of using a microSD card as half adoptable and half portable). Can you go into more detail about how you did that?

abbbe

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
I'm a little confused--I thought Samsung devices don't support adoptable storage (and I've never heard of using a microSD card as half adoptable and half portable). Can you go into more detail about how you did that?

Its not officially supported but you can do it with a couple of adb commands ;)

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
If you already enabled adoptable storage for it on another phone, it can't be used on another phone anymore. It will only work for the device it was enabled on.

abbbe

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the reply ;)

But before removing it from the s5 (where i used it as adoptable) i reformatted it back to a portable storage. i've also formatted it in my PC.

Or is there something else i need to do to make the SD card usable again?

abbbe

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
Update.....

I've tried doing a low level format on the sd card but it still doesn't work in the S7.

I thinking it could be some sort of boot table partition thats causing the problems.

Its very strange that its only the S7 thats having problems.

Any other ideas?

vider

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
I'm having the same problem on my Galaxy Tab S 10.5 (SM-T800). I have enabled adoptable storage on a stock based MM ROM (IronRom) but everytime I format as internal, it finishes with a corrupt card. I can format as portable and it works fine. I used the same SDCard as internal without problems with Slim6 MM on the same device.
Any advice would be great.
Thanks

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad