My Galaxy S7 seems to use data when connected to the Internet

ltaras

Apr 3, 2015
Visit site
I moved from Galaxy 5 to Galaxy 7 in July. I believe all my settings are the same, I am burning thru data though because of the time I am connecting to Internet. My usage shows data used when I am home and connected. Also, when sleeping and the phone should still be connected to the Internet. I don't think my internet signal suddenly went bad the same time I got the S7 and I see examples from other places where it auto connects and has been successful in the past.

My setting has been, like my S5, to switch to mobile network if the Internet signal is weak.

AT&T has no suggestion, outside of turning off data. I don't want to turn that one and off all the time.

Any ideas?

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
I moved from Galaxy 5 to Galaxy 7 in July. I believe all my settings are the same, I am burning thru data though because of the time I am connecting to Internet. My usage shows data used when I am home and connected. Also, when sleeping and the phone should still be connected to the Internet. I don't think my internet signal suddenly went bad the same time I got the S7 and I see examples from other places where it auto connects and has been successful in the past.

My setting has been, like my S5, to switch to mobile network if the Internet signal is weak.

AT&T has no suggestion, outside of turning off data. I don't want to turn that one and off all the time.

Any ideas?

Do you mean when on wifi it is using data? Because on internet it is going to use data.

cohoman

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I would turn off the "use mobile data if wifi is weak" option as that seems to be the culprit. My wife had the same issue with her iPhone with a similar setting.

Also, certain apps (like Facebook) will constantly poll the internet and use lots of data and battery power in the background.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay