Click Rest Password in Facebook App, then an unknown person account pop out!

j4ee

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site
When I saw that, my first action is "is this phone really a new phone!?"!? This is a new phone of my mum which is a Sumsung S7, bought at the official local Samsung store. I was helping mum to install apps and do the setup, then I saw this when I was setting up the facebook. Then I think about it and actually the facebook app did ask for permission to the phone contact book and something more after I click forgot password. The email address for facebook is totally different from the android account, so may be facebook app went through the address book and wrongly guested who is my mum account!? That facebook pop up asked if this account is the account that I want to login, then I said no and typed in my mum email address for facebook. So did Facebook app just make a wrong guess base on my mum contact book or actually someone used the phone!?

updated:
I think about it, I am sure the box is new with a new sealed label (I opened s7 edge box before and I know the only way is to cut the seal label). The phone comes with the resetted welcome and setup screen and I don't think there is any easy way to have that welcome and setup screen, so I am pretty sure that random person information was not directly stored in the phone since the reset should have cleaned that up anyway. The only way is that this phone is actually a refurbished phone that is sent by Samsung to the retailer. The retailer is the biggest chain shop in my city and very likely they would not do some very tricky stuff, they may use a new box to hole a return phone but I doubt they can put a used or tried phone in a new box with that sealed. I am going to check the IMEI in phone to see if that matches the box IMEI, and use the information in phone to check if it is refurbished.

Last edited:

j4ee

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site
I think about it, I am sure the box is new with a new sealed label (I opened s7 edge box before and I know the only way is to cut the seal label). The phone comes with the resetted welcome and setup screen and I don't think there is any easy way to have that welcome and setup screen, so I am pretty sure that random person information was not directly stored in the phone since the reset should have cleaned that up anyway. The only way is that this phone is actually a refurbished phone that is sent by Samsung to the retailer. The retailer is the biggest chain shop in my city and very likely they would not do some very tricky stuff, they may use a new box to hole a return phone but I doubt they can put a used or tried phone in a new box with that sealed. I am going to check the IMEI in phone to see if that matches the box IMEI, and use this:
How to Check if Your Android Phone is Refurbished or Factory-New
to check if it is refurbished.

I will update the post with this new information.