why does screen turn on and stay on while plugged in?

all_bran

Nov 17, 2014
Visit site
Every time I wake up in the middle of the night, the lock screen is being displayed. It turns off normally right after I plug it in, but at some point it turns back on and doesn't turn off. Maybe once it reaches 100% battery? Any ideas? Very annoying.

Posted via the Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Also, go to Settings>Developer Options (if it's been activated) and make sure Stay Awake isn't turned on.

all_bran

Nov 17, 2014
Visit site
Son on a B, that was it. WhyTF would such a stupid option be on by default!?!?

Thank you, I never would have found that.

Any idea why it vibrates every time I pick it up?

Inders99

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site

Thank you, I never would have found that.

Any idea why it vibrates every time I pick it up?

Which option was on?

It vibrates once when there's a notification, otherwise if there's nothing it shouldn't vibrate. I'm not I like the vibrate upon pick-up feature since a notification is displayed on the Always On screen.

all_bran

Nov 17, 2014
Visit site
Which option was on?

It vibrates once when there's a notification, otherwise if there's nothing it shouldn't vibrate. I'm not I like the vibrate upon pick-up feature since a notification is displayed on the Always On screen.

Sorry, I thought i replied with Quote. The developer option of Screen On While Charging.
And I guess that makes sense if it only vibrates when there's a new notification. I'll leave that one on. :)

I'm coming from a Nexus 6 pure android, so all these vibrations and flashing lights are over stimulating my senses LOL!!!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Did someone at your wireless store transfer the info from your old phone to the new one? If so, they apparently often turn this feature on so that the screen stays on while they're working on it (since the transfer can take a little while). They're supposed to turn it back off, but they don't always remember to.

all_bran

Nov 17, 2014
Visit site
Did someone at your wireless store transfer the info from your old phone to the new one? If so, they apparently often turn this feature on so that the screen stays on while they're working on it (since the transfer can take a little while). They're supposed to turn it back off, but they don't always remember to.

Ding ding, yes they did. Makes sense now!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair