S7 media sound cuts/fades out after a few seconds

pokemonsubstitute

Aug 28, 2016
Visit site
I bought an S7 about a month ago and everything was working great until I received a software update after the return date. Once I finished the software update. I noticed my media sound fades out after a few seconds if played through the speaker only. The media sound does not fades out when I listen with earphones. Strangely the media sound would return if I pause it for a couple of seconds and hit play again. Once I hit play again sometimes it would continue to play normally and other times it would fade out again.

I have tried hard resetting and various media sound related issues' solution on the web with no prevail. For example toggling easy mute, enabling developer mode to disable auto media audio routing, disabling google voice, and etc.

It cannot be a network issue, since the mp3 files saved on the device has the same type of problem while in safe mode as when I use spotify/youtube. I have brought it to a samsung service center and they cannot find the fault. I just don't want it to be an endless cycle of bringing it into a samsung service center where they tell me they cannot find the fault or quote "there is nothing wrong with the phone".

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Last edited:

jjdelarosa10

Aug 7, 2016
Visit site
I'm the same as you guys. Someone help us out. Its really annoying . wearing headphones helps since all audio works fine but what is a phone good for without a speaker working?