How to stop Facebook from displaying your photos? Most advice doesn't work on S7

malamute63

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
Good day everyone!
I am sick of Facebook displaying(not posting) my photos. Everytime i google this question, i get the same answer

> Android
1) Open the Facebook app and tap the top-left main menu
2) Scroll to the bottom and select Account > App Settings > Sync Photos
3) Choose Don't sync my photos

But, those rules don't apply to S7. First, the menu in the app is in the top-right menu, Sencond, their is an option in App Settings but their is not "Sync Photos and sub-sequently there s no "Don't sync my photos"

Any advice?? Thank you.

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
I would like to know how to do this with my husband's S5. We found "App Settings" but there is nothing about syncing (or not syncing) photos :( I don't do FB so I'm not terribly familiar with FB settings.

DaveR12

Jun 8, 2016
Visit site
The only way I found was to deny the FB app permission to access my device's storage. When I did that, it quit showing my photos and asking if I wanted to post them.

Westiemom

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
Or you could dump Facebook..... It's more and more intrusive. I finally broke my FB habit and deactivated my account.

But it is better to use your web browser to access Facebook because the FB app is a resource hog. I don't know if that will help your problem with it auto uploading your photos however, but worth a try.

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm with you Westiemom! But, I never started down the FB road to begin with. Hopefully DH will tire of this FB phase soon. Till then I'll see if I can deny permission to access storage. Thanks Dave.

anon(749368)

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
Or you could dump Facebook..... It's more and more intrusive. I finally broke my FB habit and deactivated my account.

But it is better to use your web browser to access Facebook because the FB app is a resource hog. I don't know if that will help your problem with it auto uploading your photos however, but worth a try.

Dear Facebook sinks it's fangs into your device even if you only use the browser. Case and point: my wife used my phone to call one of her friends (they're not in my phone contacts - only dialed the number) and somehow that friend is now on my Facebook page as a "friend suggestion". If I didn't allow FB any permissions and not even using the app, how did they get that my device contacted this person to suggest adding them to my FB friends?

Westiemom

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
Dear Facebook sinks it's fangs into your device even if you only use the browser. Case and point: my wife used my phone to call one of her friends (they're not in my phone contacts - only dialed the number) and somehow that friend is now on my Facebook page as a "friend suggestion". If I didn't allow FB any permissions and not even using the app, how did they get that my device contacted this person to suggest adding them to my FB friends?

Well that's why I dumped it. But my point was that if you're going to use it, using your browser to access it doesn't drain your battery like the app does.

Yes, I'm tired of FB's fangs. Don't miss it.

malamute63

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
Can we stay on topic, please? S7 owners: has anyone figured out how to make adjustment in the settings to not allow FB to access the camera photos???

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Sorry OP :( I'd like to know the answer too just in case it will help me figure out how to do the same with my husband's S5.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
How exactly is it displaying your photos? I don't see that on my Facebook app. Could you post a screenshot and jusy block off the stuff you don't want seen?

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
S7 Edge. Should be nearly identical. Although now I remember that I'm signed up for Facebook beta so it may have something to do with it.

ohmexotitan69

Oct 6, 2017
Visit site
Have the same problem there is no "PhotoSync" option anymore.

These fixes the issues : )
-go to your phone "Settings" (ie: NOT facebook's app's setting itself)
- pick "Applications"
- scroll down to click "Facebook"
- pick "Permissions"
- pick "Storage" - swipe right hand side button to "turn off"

ohmexotitan69

Oct 6, 2017
Visit site
Have the same problem there is no "PhotoSync" option anymore.

These fixes the issues : )
-go to your phone "Settings" (ie: NOT facebook's app's setting itself)
- pick "Applications"
- scroll down to click "Facebook"
- pick "Permissions"
- pick "Storage" - swipe right hand side button to "turn off"

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay