S7 photos have a bright spot when shooting into the sun.

Sep 9, 2016
Visit site
Hello. I noticed a bright spot that is on the photo when I shoot directly into the sun. On other occasions the spot doesn't appear. What might it be? The spot also moves when i move the phone so there's nothing on the camera glass. Otherwise, the pictures with S7 look stunning.

Attachments

• 7707.jpg
    7707.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 33

Sep 9, 2016
Visit site
No I have original S view cover which has nothing in front of the rear camera glass... i previously owned S5 and it didnt have such problem.. okay i add another photo...

Attachments

• 7708.jpg
    7708.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 31

Sep 9, 2016
Visit site
The same thing here.. is this mormal on all S7 phones? I previously had the S5 and it's camera didnt do such thing... i love the quality of the S7 camera but this flare drives me mad

Attachments

• 7721.jpg
    7721.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 31

Rachelle Chavez

Sep 19, 2016
Visit site
This happens for us too. Im a temp s7 user until I get my note 7 replaced. When I cover the small view on the camera you can see the sun clearly. This is annoying. Never had this with any other phone

ksanger35

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
Camera lenses have multiple elements, (glass elements), that are designed to bend light and focus an image onto the sensor. Each surface is a potential source of reflections. Manufacturers coat these optics to reduce the reflections. They also design the lenses to focus all of the colors (different wavelengths of light) onto the sensor in register with each other. Sometimes they play games to take into account the color filter array on the sensor to get the most amount of light and color information into each pixel in the image.

When shooting the sun, or a bright light, the light source is so strong that internal lens reflections that normally do not bother you become visible. For normal scenes these reflections are reduced by orders of magnitude and become part of the noise in an image.

From a retired Kodak Research Scientist.

ksanger35

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
Note in one of the photos you might also have the issue of a reflection off of the camera, glasses, or something on your body hitting the window and bouncing back into the camera. We are so used to seeing these reflections that our brain sometimes ignores them. The camera sensor records everything it sees.

I can not tell if all of your photos were from behind a window.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vignajeanniegolabek