Galaxy s7 edge notification issue

Hogies

Sep 20, 2016
Visit site
I have a Galaxy S7 Edge. I've had it since March 2016. It started as an intermittent issue which I attributed to bad connection issues, but it seemed to get progressively worse. The following is what i'm experiencing on this phone, and ONLY this phone, as well as a replacement phone of the exact same model.

I rarely receive email or facebook notifications, which are my most frequent used items on the phone. At random points, or unless manually synced, my emails will come pouring in at once, sometimes in the middle of the night, or in the morning. I will wake up and have 10+ emails which are timed back to early the previous day. This happens on 2 separate gmail accounts on my phone. 1 account is setup through Google Mobile Device Policy App for my work, and the other is the default gmail app on the phone that is setup with my personal gmail info. Both apps do the SAME thing. As far as Facebook goes, once in a while I get the birthday reminders, but I NEVER get notifications of wall postings or messages. Its quite irritating. I can go an entire day not knowing someone has messaged me via messenger, or missed an email while driving having customers irritated with me because I didnt know I had to go somewhere to fix something for them.

Now before you think, well maybe its just the Google MDM App that's causing the email issues, I have factory reset the phone and loaded JUST my personal gmail onto the phone, and still have the same issues IMMEDIATELY. All of the basic sync settings are CORRECT and set as they should be for email being pushed TO ME as they come in.

Between factory resetting my phone, phone calls to the beloved Verizon TIER 2 support (Which by the way got my google account locked from my device for 24 hours so I was without a phone for most of that time), and some calls/chats with Samsung directly, am just plain and sick of this issue and getting NOWHERE.

I threatened to take my business elsewhere, which I do not WANT to do, nor am I usually the type of person to get upset and throw a fit, but its effecting my JOB which I rely on emails to get my job done. A supervisor of the TIER 2 support told they had 2 options for me which were to pay to my 50% upgrade fee to get a new device, or pay off the device completely and upgrade. Both are very expensive options considering ive had a phone that has NOT been doing its job for me this long. (yes I've dealt with the tech support numerous times since I've had the phone and have gotten nowhere)
I stated I WOULD NOT pay the upgrade fee for my phone, nor buy it out. I don't feel that's fair to me as these are the only options offered outside of ANOTHER warranty replacement Galaxy S7 edge..... I may or may not be out of line here, but the frustration level is insanely high at this point. I want a different phone as I've PROVEN it works in a couple different cases.

It would be nice to have someone come in here, say "do this and that" and my phone will work.. But I doubt it. Factory resets, software repair on phone through PC, all settings checked a million times, and ANOTHER galaxy s7 edge from warranty.... I do understand the logic of it possibly NOT being the device hardware wise, but some sort of software issue, BUT, the fact is, it DOES NOT WORK. I am doing nothing outside the scope of this phone.

Pleasssssse help

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Well this is pretty difficult, mostly because I've never seen a complaint of the same nature. Makes me think it's related to the setup of your phone, instead of an intrinsic issue of all/number of units.
The problem of you having a carrier modified unit also adds to the difficulty as thr carriers often alter the software sometimes with unintended consequences.
Are you using the Gmail app or the built in Email app?
As for Facebook, that's difficult to diagnose because history shows us that the Facebook devteam for Android is a bunch if fools who don't listen to customer feedback or even beta tester feedback.
Then, do you have any battery saver app that's running?
Also, have you checked for any software updates?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX