Which feature you miss from iphone

Makinen79

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
Hello, switched to galaxy s7 from iphone. I now like the s7/android marshmallow a bit better. However there are a few iphone features I miss. It would be great to make a hybrid phone/ios with features of ios and android.
What features do you all like on the S7 or which do you miss from iphone (those who have owned both)?

I miss photoshare via icloud. Worked better than google photo shared album. Easier to add to album and had comments section for each pic. Also, while surfing, the left/right swipe is still a bit missed for going back a page. The tap the top tool bar to instantly scroll up is a ios feature also.

S7 has the obious advantages we all like. Storage, camera, adaptable......

Makinen79

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
Re: Which feature you miss fro iphone

Hello, switched to galaxy s7 from iphone. I now like the s7/android marshmallow a bit better. However there are a few iphone features I miss. It would be great to make a hybrid phone/ios with features of ios and android.
What features do you all like on the S7 or which do you miss from iphone (those who have owned both)?

I miss photoshare via icloud. Worked better than google photo shared album. Easier to add to album and had comments section for each pic. Also, while surfing, the left/right swipe is still a bit missed for going back a page. The tap the top tool bar to instantly scroll up is a ios feature also.

S7 has the obious advantages we all like. Storage, camera, adaptable......
Excuse spell mistake. Tapatalk will not let me edit title

T48

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I do not own either. But from the ios side to Samsung... I do like how the nearby app works vs google maps for coffee, food etc. Not that g maps is bad, but the nearby app just seems slimmed down & simple. Want to mess with the live photos. Samsung has something similar, though w/o sound.
Direct updates. Mainly little things like that. Though the updates become a bigger point when carriers drag their feet sending them out. Would love for Samsung to take over that aspect & not allow carriers to brand the devices.

Snappy Phoenix

Jun 20, 2015
Visit site
The only thing I can think of is thank God you don't have to use iTunes to copy your music/photos to your phone AND you can copy any other document/file, as if it were a flash USB disk! Everytime I think of getting an iPhone, just thinking about iTunes and its mess makes me not even wanna come near them.

Athalsteinn

Sep 25, 2016
Visit site
Changed from iOS a week ago. Been thinking a bit about your post. Honestly, gettings Galaxy S7 feels like I am getting more in all regards and not less.
Some of the default apps on iOS are quite elegant and intuitive to use and that is it. Sure the resale value is great and the accessories market is stronger for the iPhone but damn some of the features you get with Galaxy S7 are pretty sweet! Wireless charging for instance, why is Apple not all over this already.. It is so convenient, so hassle free. I took a look at their dock, which I used to think was simplistic and in the spirit of Apple design, now it just looks uninspiring and nothing I would want to use.

Gayle Lynn

Jun 20, 2016
Visit site
Control of app notifications.

In ios it was easy to change and turn on/off sound and other notifications.

If it's there I cannot find it.

T48

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site

Gayle Lynn

Jun 20, 2016
Visit site
Wild goose chase? Nothing to do with or comparable to ios notifications control. Specifically sound. Sold my 6S+ so I can't take a screen shot.

Marshmallows seems devoid of feature to or access from Settings as to numerous items to allow or not.

Also in thinking about subject of notifications, iOS has its own "hub" app with every thing listed and can work from, remove or act on.

I have Nova and BlackBerry launcher, and each deals with app badges and notifications differently.

All your feeds from FB, IG, Twitter and news. Plus whether to allow sound, vibration, as well as turn badges on/off FOR INDIVIDUAL APPS.

optimummind

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
I like how in iOS, all the app settings for the installed apps are in the same section in Settings.

And I like how iOS manages system & user apps' background tasks better, leading to superior standby/idle battery life.

On my GS7E, the best I can manage is 0.6%/hr with GPS/location off, data off, WiFi off, and Power Saving mode on with aggressive Doze and Doze on the go activated.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Wild goose chase? Nothing to do with or comparable to ios notifications control. Specifically sound. Sold my 6S+ so I can't take a screen shot.

Marshmallows seems devoid of feature to or access from Settings as to numerous items to allow or not.

Also in thinking about subject of notifications, iOS has its own "hub" app with every thing listed and can work from, remove or act on.

I have Nova and BlackBerry launcher, and each deals with app badges and notifications differently.

All your feeds from FB, IG, Twitter and news. Plus whether to allow sound, vibration, as well as turn badges on/off FOR INDIVIDUAL APPS.
You can do that notification control you want with Lightflow.

Gayle Lynn

Jun 20, 2016
Visit site
Flashing lights only with Lightflolw it seems.

Update: bought, but doesn't come close, refunded the pro version.

If you have had or using an iOS 9+ device, I think you'll agree that Android and S7 come up short.
Customizing is nice, but having to source and buy 3rd part isn't always.

Taylorig

Aug 23, 2016
Visit site
To be honest the only thing i miss from iphone. And this is after being with iphones since the 3G. Would be imessage and the fact i could see when the other party was replying. That's it though. I could literally fill a page with a list of all the things i don't miss...

MurphysLaw

Sep 15, 2016
Visit site
I miss being able to fully customize the app notifications. I'd really like just to have the small circle with number of notifications on the app icon for a majority of my apps.

carlos12001

Aug 5, 2014
Visit site
The only thing I can think of is thank God you don't have to use iTunes to copy your music/photos to your phone AND you can copy any other document/file, as if it were a flash USB disk! Everytime I think of getting an iPhone, just thinking about iTunes and its mess makes me not even wanna come near them.

One of the main reasons I can't have an iPhone

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Flashing lights only with Lightflolw it seems.

Update: bought, but doesn't come close, refunded the pro version.

If you have had or using an iOS 9+ device, I think you'll agree that Android and S7 come up short.
Customizing is nice, but having to source and buy 3rd part isn't always.
Curious as to what exactly lightflow can't do for you that iOS can?
It can control vibration, sounds, repeat sounds or vibration, and a few other things.

mrcrusha829

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
Really not missing anything... once you learn what is possible with Android the sky is the limit! I think that is the biggest problem with people that switch from iPhone to any other Android. They don't want to take the time to learn since they really didn't have to learn much with iPhone. Seriously a little time and you can make your phone yours. Way more functionality and depending on what brand of Android phone you get there are other added goodies such as IR blaster (seems to be going away), SD Card, Camera, Samsung pay which even works on credit card strip readers and VR!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy