Signal booster for S7

jshaw42

Sep 9, 2012
Visit site
I could care less about boosting my signal for 3G or 4G data. All I want is to boost the signal for voice connection. I get messages easily, but voice calls are constantly dropping ... especially in the basement. I tried the Verizon Network Extender, but it loused up my wireless network. With today's techs, I would think there is something that can allow me to use the phone for it's true purpose - MAKING PHONE CALLS - without using my wireless network.

Please help a frustrated old timer. Thanks

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
It's cheaper for them to use someone else's bandwidth - your wifi network. Find a carrier that has a good signal in your basement - that's the prime rule in choosing a carrier - who has a good signal where I need signal? Forget phones, forget features - those are things you use to choose between competing carriers - competing because they have equal signal where you need it. (The best phone that's not getting a good signal is a lump of silicon and plastic.)

pjniez

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Does Verizon have WiFi calling? I am on AT&T and have a week signal in my basement. But AT&T has WiFi calling and my phone frequently uses it (automatically) when I'm in the basement.

corsair1804

Oct 3, 2016
Visit site
Well said Rukbat. As hard as it may be it is a factor that dictates imo.
I could have got my s7 contract for £4 cheaper p/m with another company but i have a Three signal box that helps with my signal for like you say Jshaw - using my phone as, a PHONE.
Didnt fancy experimenting with another carrier and seeing how the signal went etc etc I decided pay the extra and keep my sanity lol. Unfortunate but that's just the way it is i guess.

flumdog

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I have the new LTE Network Extender in my house and it's awesome. Full LTE bars everywhere in the house which let's me use HD calling, etc. No interference with other networked equipment and a big upgrade over the older 3g extender.

T48

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Not sure what Verizon offers, but ATT has a micro cell that finally allowed me to drop my home phone & use cell only. I think when checking actual dbm before getting it would bounce between -105-112. While on micro cell it is showing -81 currently. Would think Verizon has something similar?

jshaw42

Sep 9, 2012
Visit site
Verizon offers a booster that uses your WiFi network at home. However, I tried it and it loused up my WiFi reception on my laptops.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol