Samasung S7 reported today on the news started on fire in plane, Louisville KY

Cozumeldeb

Oct 5, 2016
Visit site
My Samsung s7 has gotten so hot at times I can't pick it up..Be clear today's news reports was NOT the Samsung Note 7.
What the hell is going on?

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
After the Note debacle, it seems like reports on phone fires seem to be more common.

There was even an iPhone 6s that ignited in someone's pants recently.

I hope people realize just how volatile our phone batteries are. Lithium batteries aren't exactly stable and anything with a lithium battery carries a chance of ignition.

I'd have your S7 checked, though. If it's running too hot under normal daily use, something is up.

E Padilla

Aug 20, 2015
Visit site
So I'm guessing every phone fire will be reported into the news now. Also, the news report didn't state it was a S7 just a Samsung Phone unless I didn't see it.

So it could have been another bad Note 7.

Dooki

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
There have also been a LOT of fake ones, and the news doing their due diligence has not reported on that. Some airlines are reported to be asking all Samsungs to be turned off.

anon(749368)

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
There have also been a LOT of fake ones, and the news doing their due diligence has not reported on that. Some airlines are reported to be asking all Samsungs to be turned off.

Some airlines ask the galaxy 7 to be turned off... Just people not knowing what they're talking about. But I've never seen it enforced.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair