How can I save vids with out it being automatic being named videoplayback instead of the vids name

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I press the video and the text "save video" pops up in order for me to save.I press it and then it starts downloading automatically as videoplayback___ whatever number

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I mean what app are you using to view and save the videos? Is it a browser, or a dedicated video app?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
You've clarified that you're trying to save videos from a website using your mobile browser. What I'm trying to find out now is the type of video that you're trying to save. Is it a streaming video (like YouTube or Vimeo)? Is it a video file that's saved on a site (like an FTP site)? The more information we have, the more we can try to help you figure it out. At the least, I can try to duplicate what you're trying to do to see if I get the same result.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
The YouTube website doesn't allow you to download videos, from what I understand. That's part of the Terms of Service, and is also why apps that let the user download YouTube videos are not allowed on the Google Play Store. If you're using one of these apps to download videos, then it's probably an issue with that app, and you should ask the developer.

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
Hmm Im pretty surprised you still dont know what Im taking of if you used the latest samsung smartphones you would know there is a built in feature that allows one to save most videos from most sites by simply pressing the screen while a video is shown

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I use Nexus devices. I just try to help where I can, and try to point people in the right direction. My wife has a Note5, so I can try test it out there when I get a chance, but I currently can't do that. I do know that downloading a video from YouTube violates their terms of service, so I doubt that Samsung would bypass this somehow.

Good luck finding your answer.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Well I've got an iPhone in me hand at the moment and it never allowed me to download a video from YouTube.

Dooki

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
For YouTube, when in browser, delete all the http and www. And type ssyoutube.com, ie: ssyoutube.com/xxxxxxxx. But when in the Samsung browser there is no way to change the name.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
It depends on what site you are downloading from, and what app you are using to download it.. For example, I usually download anime from kissanime.to using Chrome. Downloading files from there needs me to long press the download link and select save link. This downloads the video and is named as videoplayback.

I do not know of any way to get around this as it appears there is no option to 'save link as' on any Android browser I've seen that pertains to videos. You could probably try using a dedicated video downloader app.

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
Im was referring to dooki but I dont want to to download anything.Unless that app automatically saves the vid with the name I dont see the use of it cause I could manually do it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz