S7's home screen makes the notification bar gray and larger when brightness is on lowest setting

TheJuuj

Oct 13, 2016
Visit site
When I put the phone on its lowest brightness the notification bar seems to go down into my home screen leaving a gray rectangle that goes away when the brightness is set past 30 percent. Almost like it is leaking down in a faded gray color. It is also evident on my lock screen as well. It shows on black wallpaper and does not seem to be a problem on other colors.
I factory reset the phone and it did not change this, and it only behaves this way on the home or lock screen and no where else. It doesn't show on my laptop when I copy the screen shots to it because my laptop's display can't get as dim as the s7's so I don't know how to show you how it looks but i have the screenshots if it helps, but I hope someone can tell me if this is normal or not.

I added the screenshot I hope it helps

Attachments

• Screenshot_20161013-222953.jpg
    Screenshot_20161013-222953.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 15

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Just to be clear, are you saying that the bar's height increases at certain screen brightness? The icons don't enlarge also, do they?

TheJuuj

Oct 13, 2016
Visit site
The gray area under the bar makes it look larger but it does not actually increase the bar in terms of notification placement or size. It only appears on black wallpaper and nothing else. Icons do not change at all, nothing except the space under the notification bar on the home and lock screen has a gray faded bar under it on low brightness, after about 30 percent brightness the bar is gone

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463