Does the Samsung Galaxy S7 have battery exploding issues too?

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
No. It's been what, 7mo after release and this is only when some reports showed up, and they all mention the Edge only, not the S7, and this occurred only after the Note 7 fiasco. This actually leads me to believe it's a hoax.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Most of the recent S7 Edge explosions, that these were instances that were not under regular usage. I mean even in the Note 7 fiasco, half of the claims of exploding Note 7s were proven to have been false claims.

Oh, I knew there were a couple of S7 Edge, but figured they were well within "normal" failures due to abuse, abnormal conditions, etc. The S7 Edge definitely doesn't have the Note 7 flaw.

robrrtp

Feb 20, 2012
Visit site
I don't think it's a hoax as much as ignorance and those who don't know the difference between "Note" and "Galaxy". All they know is that there's a "7" in the phone's title

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I don't think it's a hoax as much as ignorance and those who don't know the difference between "Note" and "Galaxy". All they know is that there's a "7" in the phone's title

lol you're almost giving them too much credit. Being a big Samsung with a curved screen and the number 7 is pretty similar - but I would be SHOCKED if they weren't also calling iPhones and HTC phones "Notes".