Problem with contacts?

Terry Beddoes

Oct 25, 2016
Visit site
Have just changed to Samsung S7 from a Lumia 930 with Windows 10, good to see Samsung finally got wireless charging, its good to be able to still use my5year old pad.
My problems relate to Contacts App, all my contacts transferred through from my previous phone, but, for some reason, when I add my sons new mobile number and save it, after a short while it disappears, any ideas.
On my windows phone I was able to sync the contacts from facebook to my contacts enabling them all to have their profile pics, I can't do this and can on my get a boring initial letter, again any help will be appreciated.
I am sure I will get used to and like android eventually.. Any plans to upgrade to "Live Tiles" ? Much better than all these icons

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central!

My problems relate to Contacts App, all my contacts transferred through from my previous phone, but, for some reason, when I add my sons new mobile number and save it, after a short while it disappears, any ideas.
Which account are you trying to save the new contact to? In the contact entry screen, look at the top -- there should be a field that tells you if you're entering it into your Google account, Samsung account, local Phone account, or somewhere else.

On my windows phone I was able to sync the contacts from facebook to my contacts enabling them all to have their profile pics, I can't do this and can on my get a boring initial letter, again any help will be appreciated.
Facebook actually took away this function a while ago: https://m.facebook.com/help/community/question/?id=1028796497164750. One workaround is to use Sync.ME.

Any plans to upgrade to "Live Tiles" ?
Android uses widgets to do the same kind of thing, so search the Play Store for what you'd want to see from your live tiles.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jsmith786x