Waterproof really?

valglbgl

Jun 26, 2015
Visit site
My daughter dropped her S7 into a pool it seems fine but she turned it off and is freaking. Should she put it in rice? It was in its otter box.

Toto39

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
It is water resistant, but depending on the chlorine content of the pool and depth it may still be at risk. I would at least clean the phone to make sure no residue from its drop is in the ports or around the speaker or mic openings.

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
I'd open it and dry it as good as I could and then (leaving it open) put it in front of a fan for 24 hours. I've dropped my S7 in the tub twice and it's survived with no ill side effects.

Mecomug

Oct 11, 2014
Visit site
The first thing I did when I got my phone was test the water resistance. I've dunked my phone many times and have even used it in the shower with it surviving 100%. Just make sure all ports are dry and you should be ok

H2oflyer

Jun 26, 2016
Visit site
I've done the same with my 3 Sonys and my S7 as soon as I got home from the store....never a problem. I do put the vacuum on low and suck out any residual water from the speaker grill and usb port.

If my S7 did fall into a chlorine pool or salt water, I would definately rinse it under the tap in fresh water and use the vacuum. In fact I wash mine with a tiny tiny bit of dish soap and good rinse if it gets dirty....had to get mustard off it once.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie