Samsung Galaxy s7 battery swelled up

Dec 15, 2015
Visit site
I have a defective Galaxy s7 the battery is swelled out so bad the back of my phone is coming off the glue tht holds the phone together it's separating severely I first noticed a day ago when my s7 battery would not charge it would say it was 40% charged a min later while still in the charger it would say 5% charged thn 26% thn 10 the battery would not read correctly i know Samsung has been having issues with thn phones batterys lately starting with the note 7 thn the note 5 thn s7 edge and j7 and nw the s7 I took off my case and noticed the back cover of my s7 was coming apart bad separating from the phones from I knew from the phone not charging correctly it was the battery and I always baby my smartphones and smart gadgets I have not ever even dropped my phone not once or ever exposed my s7 to water I have only has my s7 since June 30th this one any way I'm highly upset bout this and I'm not happy with how Samsung handles things like this I called thm to see what thy had to say and I hung up with thm even more mad and upset I have pics also to prove what I'm saying and I want every one to know bout this bc Samsung lies their galaxy s7 battery is just as faulty as the note 7

Hexmuncher

Dec 24, 2016
Visit site
I was visiting a TMobile shop yesterday. I wanted to buy a new phone as a gift. My initial thought was to get S7edge because of large display and sleek looks. Guess what, one of the s7edge they had on display had a very pronounced bulge right in the middle of the screen. Bulge was manifesting from top to bottom of the screen in the left vertical half of it. I would say 1mm elevation max. You can clearly see it when looking from the side even without light reflection method. It was a champagne color model. Initially I thought thats a "new feature", but : the silver s7edge that was on display right nearby was perfectly flat. So I've got suspiciuos and decided to go back home and google a little bit. This is how I found this thread. No pics, sorry. I will try to take some next time i will be there. I am a bit sad as I really wanted to get this model.

Fit24

Trusted Member
Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Phones with defects are not limited to a specific company or model; although some may have more problems than others.

dsalomon999

May 30, 2016
Visit site
Same thing happened to mine 3 weeks ago. Samsung would not honor the warranty (purchased in April). I had to go through insurance with the whopping $200 deductible. I'm really pissed off about this. Sprint won't help either. My replacement started running super hot as well until i started using Greenify. That app puts everything that isn't being used into hibernate mode. Now the phone is running very cool. Lesson learned - lots of apps loaded on phone equals lots of battery drain and lots of heat.

B B7

Jul 24, 2019
Visit site
I have had a Samsung Galaxy S7 for three years. The back of the case just began to separate. I read about the problem online and the consensus was that this is a battery problem (as per this blog). Also, there were comments that the battery could not be replaced. Some advice was to contact Samsung, however I have contacted Samsung for other items and they have not been very helpful. My bought the phone from AT&T, so I called their local store. They were of no help given the age of the phone; however AT&T referred me to Batteries Plus. I looked online and they replace cell phone batteries, even for the S7. Rather than send the phone to Samsung and be without a phone for weeks, I made an appointment at Batteries Plus. They were very knowledgeable about the phone. In one hour, they had replaced the faulty battery and repaired the back of the phone case. The cost was $69.99 or $59.99 with coupon. What a great service to get my phone fully functional again in an hour.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463