Bluetooth Media won't connect

TheresaRose

Nov 28, 2016
Visit site
Hi folks, I have a Samsung Galaxy S7 and a 2014 Honda Civic. My phone connects via Bluetooth for calls and texts, but not media.

I've searched here and other sites with no avail, and I have checked the Bluetooth settings on my phone and they are set to receive media as well as calls. There does not appear to be a menu for what is sent via Bluetooth on the car.

When I stream Pandora, my phone is silent, but no sound comes from the car speakers. When I disconnect Bluetooth, Pandora plays from my phone so I don't think it's a media volume issue.

Any and all help is appreciated! I'm in my car in LA traffic for hours a day since I'm an Uber driver, and listening to the radio is making me murder-y and I've gone through a ton of CDs. I need to keep my USB port open for passengers to charge their phones and play music, so that's not an option.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Does your car have a Media input option? In my car I need to select this to hear the music streaming from my phone, otherwise it's just calls/texts because those play over radio.

TheresaRose

Nov 28, 2016
Visit site
@spookdroid thank you so much for your reply! I don't have a Media input option, but I do have an Auxiliary button. Unfortunately switching over to AUX didn't solve the problem; as far as I can tell that only seems to work when a phone is physically plugged in.

So if anyone has any other suggestions, I'd love to hear them! Thanks again.

Clay Robbins

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
I have the same issue ... I have a Note 5 connecting to Ford MyTouch (2015 Fusion) and it works fine for a while then only connects the phone, not media. In the bluetooth settings on the phone the media option is not selected, I try to select and it doesn't take the "on" setting. I have to "remove" the phone from the car's memory, and re-pair the bluetooth and seems to work but when I turn the car off, same thing; phone connects but not media.

Very frustrating, I thought it might be a Ford thing and tried there as far as replacing the fuse to the radio and complete maser factory reset ... same issue persisted.

Still looking for a solution

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Artistnos