LED notifications

GraCal

Nov 27, 2016
Visit site
First, this is my first post in this as I am 30 days in with my S7. I really enjoy looking through the posts to get answers and get to know my new phone a little better.

Second, I came from BlackBerry which I have loved for over a decade and have nothing bad to say whatsoever. The pkb phones are great, but my needs have changed and I decided on the S7.

This finally brings me to my question. Is there a good app that will allow me to choose different color LEDs for my notifications? I'm very happy with the stock email, calendar, contacts, etc. I even have the BlackBerry keyboard on the phone. The only thing I'm missing is LED choices.

Sorry for the long post. Hopefully there is a solution. Thank you.

Tim1954

Q&A Team
Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
Greetings GraCal, welcome to the forums! The S7 is an amazing device but they are very complex.
The led colour is changed from within the app itself (if the developer designed it to do so), so for instance whatsap settings... Notifications... Ligh.... Will give you the option to select the colour led you want (if indeed you want it) when you get a message...

GraCal

Nov 27, 2016
Visit site
Thank you for the reply. I should have been a little more specific. What I would like to do, if possible, is to choose the color of the notification. For example, have green for email, blue for text, red for calls, etc. Right now it seems like blue is my only choice.

Enverdaz

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
There are a few ways to make the LED use colors like you are looking for. LightFlow will do more, but:
One you should definitely try is adding the BlackBerry Hub for Android and Hub Plus services for it. You will feel more at home with it. I also have changed the launcher to Action Launcher 3. It allows me to add some much missed gesture control to my UI and thus, I now swipe from the left and up pops the Hub like my Z30 of old.
I elected to pay for the add free version of the Hub. Mostly to show support for the BlackBerry developer team.. I do hope that they will be adding a dark theme (hex black preferably) but it has also got within it the ability to set LED colors for your incoming text, BBM, email and phone calls... Last manage them from the Hub rather than having to go through each app's UI.. (ie: swipe away the phone logs, archive and delete emails and texts etc)..
Coming from a BB device, I am sure you will find adding the Hub and changing up the Launcher will give you a more streamlined feel.. I recommend Action Launcher 3. And definitely spring for the full access version, C. Lacey, the developer, has really done an incredible job making the experience more efficient and enjoyable. Once you start to tinker with all the features it adds, you will see what I mean.. BTW, AL3 is right in the Play Store, no side loading to tweak your S7 into the device you dreamed it could be.

justafew

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
Did they ever fix the known issue with the way Samsung handles the LED on the S7? It caused me to use a work-around, but the work-around caused more issues so I stopped using it.