Netflix Casting to Living Room

yomus

Nov 29, 2016
Visit site
I keep seeing a notification in the drop down menu, and as an icon at the top of the screen, pop up about once or twice per day. It says "Netflix Casting to Living Room". There is a little play triangle that can be paused. and a muted volume button.
I don't have a Living Room or a TV of any sort. The Netflix app is not open when it comes up. I just uninstalled Netflix and the notification is still there.

When I press and hold down on the notification, it opens "Google Play services" app notifications settings. When I quickly press on the notification, nothing happens.

I can't find any mention of this notification anywhere online. I am concerned that it is some kind of malware. Can someone please help me to solve this mystery?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Do you have the Home app (previously Google Cast, previously Chromecast, probably something else in the future) installed in a network with a Chromecast installed? If so, that might be why. I can't remember where the option is, though, but I did get a persistent 'remote' notification with the latest couple of updates and every time any of my linked Chromecasts was, well, casting, I'd get that on my phone.

yomus

Nov 29, 2016
Visit site
I don't have anything like that that I can find. There might be someone in the house with something like that, but I don't have an app that I know of that would do that. Plus... how is Netflix involved?

MomoMilky

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
If you're on the same Wifi network as someone who is casting a chromecast, you'll see that notification. It was a new annoying update.

To turn it off, go to Settings, Google, Google Cast. Turn off the "remote control notifications".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress