Anything that can pretty much replicate Siri (I don't want to use s voice because she sounds awful)?

12of12

Nov 26, 2016
Visit site
So I want to be able to search things on my device like I could with siri; either long/double press my home button or say hey siri to search pretty much anything whether it be apps on my phone or the weather etc. The s voice in my own opinion sounds like a complete robot and I want to refrain from that. I've been using Google now but I am not satisfied as most of the time google now will just search what I said (when I mention app names at least). That and I am not able to completely open Google now (the part where she is ready to listen to you); right now I have it so that when I double/long press itll open Google now but it only opens the screen where I'm supposed to say OK Google and that ruins the entire purpose. I don't know if there are better progrsms than Google now, I have yet to try cortana. Any help is appreciated!

AxlMyk

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
It would help to cut your question into paragraphs, so I'll just kick a reply back to you. OK Google works just fine for me. I haven't used siri since I had my s3. But just because of the voice, I don't see why that makes it so bad for you. Maybe one day we'll have the option to put our own voice in the program, or the voice of our favorite movie star. Or maybe a singer that we like like. But until that day I guess we're stuck with what the phone comes with.

Dan TheMan86

Jan 12, 2016
Visit site
I don't even know how to get S-Voice to work on my S7. I went into the settings and turned on what I thought was S-Voice, but it really was some nightmare program that reads everything on the screen out loud and took about 5 minutes to figure out how to turn it off!! Maybe I'm just too stupid to figure things out since I came from Windows Phone where everything was right there in the open

CWinkler

Dec 7, 2016
Visit site
In my limited experience (just about 1.5 weeks owning an S7), S-voice is more like my boyfriend's Siri ... doesn't know the answer so does a web search. Using the OK Google search does a lot better at actually getting the answer to your question. I came from Moto X 1st Gen, so am more used to Google's version of things (that was back when Google owned Motorola).

Enverdaz

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
Once you get S Voice on, you can go into the settings and tweak the voice too if you just didn't like the way it sounded...
Male / Female.. Read back speeds etc.. I don't use many of the voice commands often.. But it's just a personal thing.. But I have used it. Both S Voice (Hi Galaxy) and Google Now (OK Google)

Dan TheMan86

Jan 12, 2016
Visit site
Go into the apps, do a search for s voice.
You're on your own from there.

That only takes me to "Voice Assistant"
After that, it starts reading everything off the screen, I think it's for visually impaired people, and its VERY difficult to turn off. Are you sure that is the same thing as S-Voice?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LesleyWang