Is there a way to unlock with just a SINGLE fingerprint read (not having to first press button)

Rick Reumann

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
On my Nexus 6P, it was great, when the screen was locked I'd just hover my finger over the sensor and it would unlock.
On my S7, I've tried all kinds of settings and I seem to always have to first press the home button first before I can try to unlock using my fingerprint.
That extra step I'm finding really annoying. Is there anyway I can unlock with a single fingerprint read like I was able to do on my Nexus 6P?

Rick Reumann

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
Hmm... I think mine unlocks by holding down the home button once.

wow... although I had tried that in the past I guess I just didn't wait long enough. On the S7 you just have to hold it down the home button longer. It's funny how even an extra second makes us think things are not working. (First world problems:)

Anyway thanks for replying. Feel stupid now that all this time I was actually clicking the home button once real fast then reapplying my finger to the button to get it to scan my fingerprint! When I could have just held it down a bit longer than the quick click and it would have opened!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol