S7 - How to mute reminders when Do Not Disturb is on.

empeyg

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
I have Notification Reminders turned on for messages.
When my Do Not Disturb is on, my phone still sounds out reminders.
My Do Not Disturb settings are as follows:
- Scheduled between 11PM and 8:30 AM
- Allow Alarms
- Allow Calls from All
- All other settings are turned off

It appears that the Notification reminders are deemed to be alarms which doesn't make sense. Especially with the Reminders option turned off in the Do Not Disturb settings.

Anyone have any ideas?

empeyg

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Bump,
I am still having this issue and it is driving me nuts.
I have my Do Not Disturb set to turn on between 11 PM and 8:30 AM
Alarms: On
I have Calls From: All
Messages From: None

And yet, when I get a text message after 11 PM, the reminder is going off. The original notification doesn't go off, just the constant reminders. I need the reminders during the day when I'm busy and I miss the original text so I can't to turn it off.

Please, anyone, help me with this damn thing. It's driving me nuts and I'm not getting any sleep. :(

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Bump,
I am still having this issue and it is driving me nuts.
I have my Do Not Disturb set to turn on between 11 PM and 8:30 AM
Alarms: On
I have Calls From: All
Messages From: None

And yet, when I get a text message after 11 PM, the reminder is going off. The original notification doesn't go off, just the constant reminders. I need the reminders during the day when I'm busy and I miss the original text so I can't to turn it off.

Please, anyone, help me with this damn thing. It's driving me nuts and I'm not getting any sleep. :(

Are those reminders coming from the original app (GMail or whatever) or from a third-party tool? For example, I think (not sure about this one) that Light Flow can do this. If the reminders are coming from a third-party app, you need to contact the developer.

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
BTW, did you try customizing the Do Not Disturb function as described in the link I posted earlier? It specifically allows you to enable or disable "Allow reminders from applications that support them."

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm