Why does Upday keep re-enabling?!

Oct 7, 2016
Visit site
I've been through all the steps to stop notifications and on the home screen, deactivate Upday, yet still it keeps popping up a few days later with some bit of news I couldn't care less about. I hate this far more than I should but I find it intrusive and frustrating. It's my phone!

Is there a way to actually remove this from my phone, or at least ensure it never annoys me again, short of getting a non-Samsung phone?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
When you say you deactivated Upday, do you mean that you Disabled it in the App Manager?

Oct 7, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for the response. I've tried that in the past but I keep getting prompted to replace the app with the factory version, which I have assumed achieves nothing?

So far I've switched off notifications within the app and then on the home page thingy of Upday itself, swiping the toggle to off.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
No, that's what you have to do to Disable an app that has been updated -- it prompts you to revert to the factory version, after which the app can then be Disabled. Once it's Disabled, it won't open, and it also won't prompt you for updates to the app.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze