Front camera blurriness

Dariam04

Jan 12, 2017
Visit site
I recently bought an S7 and love it, except the front camera is very blurry. all the beautify settings are set to 0, ive cleared the cache, reset the phone, all of that. But the front camera pictures are still out of focus and have a super airburushed look to them. I exchanged it for another s7 and it is blurry too. I spoke with the Samsung rep at my local best buy told me it's "a firmware issue with no solution at this time" (of course he told me this AFTER I paid the restocking fee to exchange for the 2nd s7) :/ googling the problem I see it's a pretty common issue with the S7. Has anyone found a solution to this on their own? Has anyone had success with getting this fixed by sending their phone in to Samsung for repair or exchanging it out for another unit? I know he said "no solution" but I want this phone so bad so I'm being optimistic... I love the s7 but a front camera so blurry that it would be unusable for me would be a deal breaker as I mostly use a phone camera for social media, selfies, video chat, that kind of thing.

scottwalton

Sep 12, 2016
Visit site
I read on XDA developers forums that it has a fixed focus lens. So unless you get the distance spot on you will struggle to focus properly. The focus is a set distance to infinity. So behind you no doubt will be in pretty good focus.
I have the same issue and I would say it sounds true for me. There may be other reasons but that is what my Web investigation found.

Courtenay Dawn

Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I recently bought an S7 and love it, except the front camera is very blurry. all the beautify settings are set to 0, ive cleared the cache, reset the phone, all of that. But the front camera pictures are still out of focus and have a super airburushed look to them. I exchanged it for another s7 and it is blurry too. I spoke with the Samsung rep at my local best buy told me it's "a firmware issue with no solution at this time" (of course he told me this AFTER I paid the restocking fee to exchange for the 2nd s7) :/ googling the problem I see it's a pretty common issue with the S7. Has anyone found a solution to this on their own? Has anyone had success with getting this fixed by sending their phone in to Samsung for repair or exchanging it out for another unit? I know he said "no solution" but I want this phone so bad so I'm being optimistic... I love the s7 but a front camera so blurry that it would be unusable for me would be a deal breaker as I mostly use a phone camera for social media, selfies, video chat, that kind of thing.

Mine was extremely blurry earlier this evening. It kind of went away after I left camera alone for a bit but I'm not sure if it's going to come back. I even thought the the front camera was dirty so I wiped it clean just in case and was still blurry. I just got the phone Dec. 24 2016.

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
I personally do not think there is anything wrong with your device. It's important to note that the S7's front camera is fixed focus. This means you have to be a certain distance away for it to take a nice picture. Also, there have been a couple people reporting the same thing. Could be a software issue.

Obviously, just make sure there is no screen protector covering the lens and also make sure the screen is clean without grease. Hopefully Samsung can fix it soon.

A droid a day keeps the Apple away

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FarajWala800